Chapter 4

Sirius's prospective

"I am not a little girl. And I thought you would be fine even if I am younger I try hard every day and every evening to do my best. I prove myself so others don't have to do it for me. I try so hard and people don't know it." She told me, people were still laughing at her and her eyes began to water. I sat there about to say something but I froze. She finally turned back into human and stayed that way.

"Sirius mate what are you doing" Remus was talking in my ear, he was sitting right next to me, confused on everything. James was sitting next to Maddy, just as froze as I was. 

"I don't know" I whispered back to him. I watched a tear fall down her face and she still looked so angry that I felt like she was going to tear me to pieces. She took one look at me and I said quickly

"I didn't think this would happen." She stared at me and made a face that I could tell as degust, She turned to face James.

"You, you did this you thought that the world outside my book was fantastic but no it's not. I trusted you I thought you were right about me. I thought you were right about everything that goes on in my life my friends even my family." She was yelling now. She sat up straight to try and be James' height when she was yelling at him.

"I did that to protect you" James shouted back at her, if people weren't laughing they were staring, it was like a howler was going off. Tears were still falling. I have no clue what was happening anymore, was this just about me standing up for her, was this just about the prank, or was this about something deeper none of us understood. 

"Why does everyone want to protect me. If you can't see." She was turning around. "This is what happened when you didn't protect me and it doesn't make a difference if you protect me or not. Because it comes out with the same out come." I was trying to say something but she said. "Save it I don't want to here it from someone who I never trusted, you have been an arse since the start." She ran out of the hall still crying. I was going to run after her but Remus held me back and just gave me a stare. I sat down and everyone went back to talking. James started to talk with Remus.

"Someone needs to talk to her, I don't know what to do, this has never happened before. Should I write to our parents? What do I do? Does this mean she isn't ready for school with us? Should she have waited the other two years? I don't know if she's had a meltdown like this before" James was rambling on and on. 

"James you're having a meltdown right now" Remus tells him. James tries to calm down as everyone started to go back to what they were doing, now that the show was over we were nothing but boring news to them. They were making jokes about what animal they turned into.

"I think it should be you because she is mad at me and Sirius." Remus just gave a short nod. He patted James' shoulder one more time, reminded James to breathe and told me to not mess anything else up. 

Remus's prospective

I got up. If I where Maddy where would I go, honestly I have no clue. It's hard to understand what someone would think and feel like only after knowing them for less than a day. Okay, if I was super upset and wanted to be alone where would I go? Probably to a classroom or the tower. I didn't know where to start. About 5 minutes later when I was on the 4th floor I heard crying. Sure enough I saw Maddy in a classroom crying under the teacher's desk.

"Go away" she said as soon as I walked in, she looked small under the desk, which didn't help the fact that she was small. Compared to everyone else she was at least .2 of a meter smaller than the rest of us, compared to the 7th years she was almost a whole meter smaller. 

"Even if it is someone who cares" I ask and I cringe at what I said, she obviously didn't trust any of us expect James, and I believe her trust in her brother was just broken. She looked up her tears were falling. She smiles and then frowns and puts her face back into her knees as she was curled up into a ball. I sit across from her against the wall and we sit for a moment, she tries to dry her tears and then she looks at me.

"Oh I thought you were a teacher or one of the guys." She said, she sniffs softly trying but failing to pull herself together. I stopped and thought about what I was going to say very carefully.

"Well I am, I am a guy, but I do still care. I haven't known you for long but I care about you. Probably not as much as James does but I care" I said. She uncurls herself and her feet barely touch mine which were out flat. I touch my feet against hers and she smiles a little bit. 

"I thought people I trusted care but you see how that turned out. I trusted James my whole life we knew each other since I was born, I mean even when I was younger if we were ever in danger James grabbed onto me and made sure that I was okay, he protected me more than my parents did. I think that's why I am here, because James is here. Not because I am overly smart or anything." She said.

"But you are super smart. You are obviously smarter than the other two" I tell her and she laughes

Edited and rewritten 9/18/20