Chapter 27

Maddy's perspective

"Arrow how have you been!" I ask her giving her a hug. Arrow smiles at me, she was older than me, she was about 14 now. I never cared about the age difference because she was just an amazing friend. She didn't stop smiling.

"I have a bit of news" She tells me. I smile and wait for her to tell me. She doesn't say anything but takes my hand with hers and puts it on her stomach. After a moment I felt something move.

"Arrow no" I say smiling.

"Yes" She tells me and I give her another hug. "I'm 4 months along" She says as we still hug.

"Arrow you are so young" I tell her and she shrugs. So much goes through my mind at once, baby names, worrying for Arrow, what was going to happen. 14 is too young for a baby, well she'll be 15 when she gives birth.

"I don't care. I mean sure it was an accident but I am keeping the baby." She tells me.

"How did this happen?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"It was a fling with another student, but he was from America and he lives there full time" She tells me waving her hand. "He doesn't know though, my parents know and are fine with it but I don't want to tell him. It would cause so many issues so I'm just going to have her and raise her" I look directly into her eyes.

"Her?" I ask with hope.

"Yeah it's a girl. I am going to name her Jammie Madilyn. Jammie Madilyn Woods is her full name. She can shorten it if she wants, I'm not too picky with it. I just wanted to name her along the lines of my closest friends" She tells me and I feel my heart kinda flutter.

"Wait Jammie Madilyn? As in?" I ask her and she nods. 

"James and Maddy. You two have always been my friends and I love you both so much." I turn and wave to James for him to come over. He walks over. 

"Arrow, how are you?" He asks smiling. 

"James, I'm going to flat out say it, I'm pregnant with a baby girl" Arrow tells him and he gasps and smiles. 

"Congrats! Wait how are you gonna take care of the baby and do school?" He asks her. Arrow waves him off. 

"I will manage when it comes to that" 

"James guess what the baby is named? Arrow said it was after two important people in her life" I tell him and he shrugs. "Jammie Madilyn" And he smiles and turns back to Arrow. 

"Arrow that's beautiful" and he gives her a hug. 

I didn't know that would be the last conversation I would have with her. 

Harely's perspective

We dim the lights and we bring the cake out to the rest of the party. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" We start singing, Maddy looks away from who she was talking to and looks at the cake, she smiles and gasps. 

"Oh it's beautiful" She tells us. 

"Happy birthday dear Maddy, happy birthday to you" She blows out the candles. 

Maddy's perspective

The cake was beautiful, everyone was happy. Arrow slipped out of the party, she told James that her present to me was on the table. We ate cake and I couldn't stop smiling. 

"I have an Idea. James! See you again" I call and James plays the song see you again.

"It's been a long day without you my friend and I tell you all about it when I see you again. We've come a long way from where we began and I tell you all about it when I see you again, When I see you again." James, Harely, Liz, Rose, Remus, Sirius and I sing. We sing and have fun. Even though the night ended and we all fell asleep, I feel like it the moment would last forever. 

Next morning I have an idea and I run into the hall. To bad for me a person was there and I fell down the stairs. "I'm good" I call sitting up and running to the kitchen.

"Maddy where's the kitchen" I hear Liz call from somewhere, our mansion is pretty big.

"Over here" I call sliding across the floor in my fuzzy socks, Liz, Rose and Harely all come in wearing pj's like mine and rainbow fuzzy socks.

"Did you steal my fuzzy socks, anyway I had an idea we should go camping, just the guys and us." I say quickly.

"Perfect idea" so after talking to my parents we rent a camper, they drove it to a place, told us if we got in any sort of trouble that we would be grounded for the last of the summer and that we were not to leave the campsite. That night we watch Disney movies.

"So the frog is really a human and since the girl kissed the frog she became a frog" Sirius asks.

"Yes. And they kissed again and became human, now Aladin." Harely says switching the movies. I look at everyone, Sirius, James, Rose and Liz where having a popcorn fight and Remus rapped his arm around my shoulder, I push it off of me and he puts it back on.

"Hey" I say looking at him, I laugh slightly.

"Hey" He says smiling like a goof ball, he laughed too. James looks at us and I push him off of me for good. I stand up and grab a bowl of popcorn from the counter. I run along my friends pouring popcorn on them.

"You did not" Liz says. I throw a piece of popcorn at her and she catches it with her mouth. "Ok your forgiven" The next morning I wake up to the boys standing over us.

"I can show you the world" They sing taking our blankets off of us, Harely who was next to me moved away but I wanted her warmth still, still wanted her next to me.

"I can show you my fist" Us girls sing and they run.

Edited and rewritten 10/11/20