chapter 17

Maddy's prospective

I spend more and more time with Liz, Rose, and Harely. They understood me better than Remus which was a shock. Of course I had spent time with Liz and Rose over the summer but they acted tougher around the boys. Around me they acted nicer and softer. Harely joined our little group and she even got a bed in our dorm. 

It was a peaceful Saturday, James and Sirius were on the pitch practicing for the Quidditch tryouts in that are in a week. Second years were allowed to join and James wanted me to tryout too. He helped me over the summer to try and not be afraid of flying again. It worked somewhat. I still wasn't sure. 

The girls and I were in our dorm, Liz and Rose playing chess, Harely braiding Lily's hair. I was reading a book and we were asking each other meaningless questions. 

"So if you could would you rather choose they way you die or the year you die" Liz asks.

"Way" the other three of us answer. No one even looked up from what they were doing.

"Why" Harely asks. "Lily pass me the hair tie so I can finish this up" She says before any of us say anything. 

"Because you could choose a none painful way to die" I answer.

"Well if you choose the year you die then you could live forever" Rose says.

"Would you want to leave all your love ones and watch them die?" I ask.

"Good point. Let's prank the boys because I am really bored." Harely says. We look at her. "What they have pranked everyone else how about they get pranked for a change" She says tying up Lily's hair and then turning to us. 

"Okay let me just do this" Liz says knocking over Rose's king. "Okay let's go" She stands up. 

"Wha what Liz" Rose complains. I put a book mark in my book. I stand up. 

We go out of our dorm and to the boys. Lucky for us the boys were not back from the pitch yet, and Remus was in the library that we know of. 

We go to the bathroom and switch the shampoo for hair dye and so the water would die their finger nails purple. We switch the chocolate on Remus's nightstand with skin color changing chocolate. We set off wires to cover them in glue and glitter and take photos. And we changed all the Gryffindor poster with Slytherins. We sneak back out of the dorm and I see Remus enter the common room. 

"Go go go, I'll cover for you" I tell the girls and the four of them run back up the stairs to our dorm. Remus walks in the common room and looks around. He spots me, smiles and walks over to me. 

"Hey Maddy what are you doing?" He asks me. I smile back at him. 

"Well I was just coming to see if you guys were back yet" I tell him. 

"Cool, want to hang out? We could go upstairs or we could hang out down here" He offers. I nod

"Yeah let's hang out down here I am going grab my book from upstairs real quick" And he nods and goes to the couch by the fire place. I run upstairs, tell her girls that Remus didn't suspect anything and I grab my book. I go back down stairs and sit next to Remus on the couch until dinner where we meet up with everyone else in the great hall. 

"How'd it go?" I ask James and Sirius. 

"I mean pretty good. Sirius isn't as good as he says" James teases. 

"Hey" Sirius objects. 

"I mean come on Sirius. Maddy is better than you, she will probably get on the team before you do" James tells him. We joke and enjoy dinner together. If I was being honest I forgot about the prank. 

Later we are sitting when the marauders come in cover with glitter and Remus's was skin blue. All of them had purple finger nails so obviously they tired to wash the glitter off. They storm over to us and James glares at each and every one of us. 

"You did this didn't you" He asks. I hid my laugh by covering my mouth with my hand. Lily looks away and giggles. Rose and Harely did nothing to hide their laughter. 

"Of course" Liz says falsely sweet.

"Get it off" Sirius says.

"Where is the fun in that" Harely asks.

"Oh this means war now take it off" James says.

"Why should we potter" Liz snaps.

"Just do it" Remus says.

"No thanks" Rose says.

"Just take it off" Sirius roars. Us girls try to hide our laugh but we look at each other and burst out laughing even more. 

"It has a week long sticking charm" I laugh.

"Great" James says sarcastically.

"That is right you just got pranked. How does it feel? To be the butt of the pranks for once?" Liz asks them. 

"Prank war boys vs girls" James says. Sirius and Remus look at him like he is slightly crazy.

"You are on, first one to drop out has to let the other ones dress them up for a week. And has to buy them candy for a month" I say. As I was talking I put a freezing charm on my hand, that once someone else touched it their hand would freeze. I stuck out my hand. 

"Deal" James says and we shake hands. His hand gets frozen as I pull mine away and he bows his head in shame.

"Really you already started" He asks me. Remus and Sirius start to laugh and that leads the girls to burst out laughing again. 

"Expect nothing less from your sister" I smile evilly. The boys leave after we do. That night we lock the door and windows.

"I am not taking chances with them until this prank war is over" Harely says.

"Neither am I" Lily tells me. I bite my lip and suddenly something hits my head. I turn in the direction of where it came from to see nothing. 

"James Potter get out of our room! How did you even get up here?" I ask. The girls look at me until James pops out from under his invisibility cloak. 

"Floating charm duh" James laughs. I chuck my book at him. He picks it up and opens the door. "Your loss" He taughts and steps on to the steps. They turn into a slide and he slides down and out of sight. I sigh

"I was in the middle of reading that" 

Edited and rewritten 9/29/20