chapter 8

Maddy's prospective

"How do you know" Remus asks me. I look at him, he looked scared. 

"Remus relax honestly. It's alright, and I just added it up. You have scars all over you, you said you have to go visit your mom next weekend, which happens to be the full moon, and you got super scared when I ask. But it's okay, I don't hate you, the boys won't hate you, you'll be okay" I tell him. He still looks scared. 

"You can't tell anyone, if you do I'll get kicked out of Hogwarts" He tells me. 

"Why do you think that? Doesn't Dumbledore know already?" I ask. 

"He does but if any of the other students know they'll get scared and tell their parents, their parents will write to Dumbledore, I'll be an outcast and hated and I'll have to leave the school" He rants. He looked like I just told him that we were all going to die. 

"Remus calm down. You're fine, you're okay. No one hates you, I don't hate you and I won't tell anyone." I explain he looks me in the eyes. 

"Promise" He asks. I stick out my pinky and he links his with mine. 

"I promise" and we sit there enjoying the sunshine. 

"James what did you do just follow my lead " I whispered a day later . I was standing in front of James and Sirius in the great hall, them standing behind me did no use, they were taller than me. It was like a kitten trying to cover a golden retriever. 

"Nothing nothing" his voice died down after the second time, I glare at him. 

"Ok so maybe we did do something like maybe pull a prank like doing a spell so all the armor to say Gryffindors rule and follow the Slytherins around the school." Whispered Sirius. I stomped on both of there feet.

"Ouch" I couldn't tell who said it. 

"I'm glad that hurt you idiots." I whisper back. Everyone looked at us, a pile of amour by our feet. Class had just ended and people were pilling in the great hall for dinner. 

"Who is responsible for this nonsense" said professor McGonagall who had un-charmed the armor.

"Me" I said it and the boys gasped. I had been known as quiet kid who caused no trouble, the boys however had been labeled as idiotic and chaotic. They did nothing but cause trouble. 

"No me" said James and Sirius at the same time.

"No it was me" Remus had shown up, we have no clue where he was before this. I had run into the boys right before McGonagall had caught up with them, I stepped in front of them before the amour went down. 

"So which one of you was it." She asked looking at all of us.

"Me" we had all said it at the same time.

"Fine since none of you will say who is responsible then" A Slytherin boy cut her off, it was the same boy who I had ridden in the boat with, he seemed to have an issue with us for no reason. I guess it was just the Slytherin Gryffindor thing. I learned quickly that almost every Slytherin had an issue with someone from Gryffindor. 

"Professor it was all James Potter and his over privileged prats." He had a smirk, I grinned my teeth at that and glare at him. James stepped out from behind me, and before I could grab him he walked up to the boy. 

"What did you just say snivellus." Said James punching the boy in the face, his nose started bleeding and I grab James before he could throw another punch. 

"Potter you and your friends In my office now!" Said the professor. We walked into the office a minute later, James had been staring at his hand the whole time, it had blood on it, and by the looks of it was bruising. 

"Sit down all of you." She said. We sat down, I sit next to James and Remus, Sirius on James' other side.

"Professor before you say anything I had a reason to punch him in the face." Said James, I look at him of the corner of my eye, I know there was no reason that could get us out of this.

"Why then Potter." She asked softly, changing her tone.

"He called us privileged and yes I am but Maddy is just a little girl she is in a school where she is the youngest. People don't think she can do it. Remus is shy and people make fun of his scars but he is an amazing friend especially to Maddy. Sirius doesn't talk about his family because I know they don't care even if he doesn't tell us I can see it in his eyes. So he call me privileged but my friends are like family and you don't make fun of my family." James finished and just for a minute Professor McGonagall was just silent. I looked at James in shock, he had a reason. 

"James, mate" Sirius whispered quietly. 

"It's true" James said not looking at any of us. I touched his arm softly and he gave me a side hug. 

"James you will add another 5 inches to your essay now off you go all of you." She made us get out of the office and closed the door. The next day I was at breakfast someone walked up to Remus.

"Why are you hanging out with these people Remus." It was a girl from Ravenclaw Elizabeth I think her name was.

"Hello Elizabeth do you mind I am sitting with my friends" he said to her.

"No Remus you can do so much better" she told him. We all glared at her, what was happening here. What was her issue. People can choose their friends. 

"Elizabeth could you please stop saying that, these are my friends. Plus I don't even know you that well" Remus says kindly. 

"Ugh I wish you were my friend" She says and she gets up and walks away. 

"What was that about?" James asks and Remus shrugs turning back to his food. 

"Anyway are you guys excited for the Ball?" Lily asks. I look at her.

"What Ball?" I ask confused. 

"The one that everyone is talking about? Have you not checked the board in the common room?" She asks me confused. 

"Lily that is the one thing I don't read" I tell her, she sighs. 

Edited and rewritten 9/20/20