chapter 5

Maddy's prospective

"I just wish that it wasn't about how smart I was or how young I was. I want people to see me as they see everyone else, I am just a kid at Hogwarts. That's at it is" 

"Well sometimes people choose to pick out different things about people to make fun of. To hurt them so they can hide their own feelings. I mean I have a huge scar on my face, how do you think people have treated me my whole life." He said to me I got a good look at him now for what feels like the first time. He was shorter and smaller than James but still bigger than me. He had a huge scar across his face that went from his cheek, over his nose and right to his eyebrow. 

"To be honest, I didn't notice. I guess I judged you on who you are not what you look like" I tell him and he laughs. 

"You would be the first. Now come on, you may not be friends with those boys but you are now friends with me and I am friend with them so come on let's go" He says standing up. He helps me out from under the desk and I stood up. 

"Who said we were friends? I am kidding of course" I smile and I look around the room, it was a small classroom that I think was just never used. It had dust all over and the desks were either broken or pushed up against the wall. 

"Maddy" James had burst in through the door. I didn't look at him and I folded my arms. Remus gave me a side look but didn't say anything, Sirius was right behind James. 

"James just go away." I said, I know I was angry at him but not as much as before, I guess talking to Remus made me feel slightly better. 

"No I am your brother." He said sticking out his chest a bit, what does that have to do with anything? 

"That means nothing James." I tell him and he pauses for a moment. 

"I have never upset you or hurt you before this, I should still be there for you"

"So that means nothing I am still mad at you for what you and Sirius did I mean you told me yesterday I am too shy for my own good and I can't really find new friends if my brother is hovering over me every ten seconds." I said now looking at him he just looked mad a little bit but mostly upset.

"Ok I will back off, but I really don't want to" 

"James you are 11 years old, I am 9 you don't have to be my parent. We should be exploring this new school, making new friends, figuring things out" I tell him he frowns. 

"I don't want to do that without you" He says doing the puppy dog eyes. Curse those puppy dog eyes. 

"I am not leaving you James. Still right here. Now stop doing that it makes me feel bad" He stops. 

"How the hell are you 9 years old and can say that" Sirius asks. I laugh and so do the other two. We then talk for a moment, grab our bags and go to our first class. 

2 weeks later I was looking for my book but I couldn't find it.

"It has to be in her some where I organized all of my truck before I came here." I was taking things out of my truck to look for it.

"How important is this one book?" Rose asks me. I don't look up or say anything back to her, I continue to search through the trunk. "Or just ignore me than" 

"Sorry Rose I am just looking for this book, I thought I would have put it somewhere in here, stupid extension charm" I tell her. I still didn't look up. 

"Who did the extension charm? It can sometimes make things easier to loose." Liz asks. 

"Uh I did it. My mom did it on all my other stuff but she wanted me to try it myself but I had to wait until I got to Hogwarts" I explain. 

"How are you so smart, I am amazed that everyday you are so young but so smart"  Lily asks me. It's been two weeks and I get that question almost everyday. It got annoying after this long. 

"Thanks it's not that surprising anymore. I mean you have known me for for two weeks it shouldn't be that much of a shock" I snap at her.  

"I was just trying to be nice you don't have to be rude" Lily snaps back, I sigh and then I see my book. 

"Got it!" I say and I grab it. It was my history book, I wanted to reread it before our next class. I finally looked around at the others in the room. 

"Didn't you have that like two days go? How did you loose it?" Liz asks me. She was sitting on her bed, probably finishing the homework that is due tomorrow. 

"Are we going to ignore what just happened?" Lily asks in annoyance. I sigh and turn to her.

"I am sorry. I am just annoyed that everyone keeps telling me that I am so amazing and super cool because I am younger. I am not special due to being young. I am just as equal as everyone else. Don't see me as someone better or something" I snap yet again. 

"I am sorry if I mad you angry or something but you do not need to take it out on me. I did nothing wrong." Lily tells me. 

"Guys can you stop fighting, please?" Rose asks, she was drawing at her desk. I sigh and nod. 

"Yeah I'm sorry" Lily tells me. She looked at me and smiled, she was just sitting on her bed reading. 

"I'm sorry too Lily" I stand up a give her a side hug, as soon as I try to step away she grabs me and gives me a full on hug. 

Edited and rewritten on 9/19/20