chapter 47

Maddy's perspective

We reached the castle, and I smiled. Though I was not as emotional as Liz about it, I felt a bit sad. I missed out on 4 years of this place, and now that I was back it was my final year. We sit at the Gryffindor table and talked for a few moments before the great hall doors opened up, McGonagall walking in the first years. The group was small, smaller than the groups I had seen in the past years. 

"Is it me, or is the group really small this year?" I whisper to James who was on my left. 

"No, it's small because parents aren't sending their kids to school anymore, too scared to let them out of their sights now. This summer alone 245 people went missing with 124 of them being kids." Remus whispered from across the table. It reminded me of our first year, I said something to James and Remus answered instead. 

The sorting was short, way too short. Instead of the normal 100 or so kids that usually were there, there was 32. I counted their little heads and counted where they were sorted. 7 for Ravenclaw, 14 for Hufflepuff, 6 for Gryffindor and 5 for Slytherin. I look over at James after the hat was put away, this was scary. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to another year at Hogwarts. A few things before we start our feast. As some may have noticed the numbers have dropped this year. And the reason for that being that there is a dark wizard who is trying to rise to power. He is trying to take what he can, taking who he can, and leading some to a great darkness." Dumbledore says. 

"Isn't it true that he was a student here!" A Slytherin yells out. Everyone started talking, about the fact that this power hungry man was a student here and the fact that someone was interrupting Dumbledore during his speech. 

"Quiet please. Yes his was a student here. That is the truth. But while he was here he was not the man who is out there now. And while you are in these walls you will be as safe as possible. We have put more protection on the school and we have people who are trained to protect you all on guard at all times. We will be alright. Now moving onto other important matters" 

"What happened this summer?" Lily whispers to us. She wasn't the only one confused. Others around the hall were talking in quiet tones. I heard others try to explain the information that they had. 

"Arrow Woods, the Potters"

"Tom Riddle" 

"He's building an army" 

"We'll explain what we know later" I tell Lily and she nods. We listen to the rest of the speech, about new rules and precations. Harely at one point grabs my hand, she did that a lot as of late. She started doing it when she was scared, ever since the meeting. Well the first meeting, we went to about 20 more before we got to Hogwarts. Mom was scared of us coming back. 

"Tuck in" Dumbledore says and food appeared. We start eating, our little group not talking that much. Harely ate with one hand still holding my hand with the other. 

Then after dinner Lily and James led everyone upstairs. I kept forgetting that they were head boy and girl. We all had our suspensions on why James was head boy. I think it's because Dumbledore believes can help take care of everyone enough. Harely thought it's because James talked to him a lot during meetings. We go up to our dorm instead of sitting by the fire place like we normally did. 

"Ugh I missed this bed" I say as I flop down onto my bed. 

"I forgot what it's like for all of us to be in the same room again" Liz says sitting on her bed. 

"It was weird not to have you here Maddy. Now tell me what has been going on" Lily says and we fill her in on everything. "Wait so Maddy is in danger still, and that brings Sirius and Harely into danger as well. And now there's people basically following you everywhere?" 

"Yes that's it" Rose nods thinking. 

"Okay well that's interesting." Lily tells us and I nod. 

"Maddy come cuddle with me" Harely says and I sit up, walk over to her and lay down with her. "I love you" She tells me and I smile. 

"Love you too" I tell her. 

It was weekends later that we went to Hogsmed. Walking in we saw Benjy Fenwick at the gate. 

"Hey Benjy, are you going to be hanging out with us today?" I ask him. 

"Of course kiddo, don't worry I won't run the fun" Benjy smiles at us. We walk through Hogsmed and go shop into shop. 

Harely's perspective

"Hey Maddy can you stay out here for a moment? I want to go into a shop with just Liz and Rose" I ask her. 

"Why?" Maddy asks giving me a weird look.

"Because" I tell her and kiss her on the cheek. Liz and Rose come into a shop with me and they realize where we were. 

"Why are we in a Jewelry place" Liz asks me. I bite my lip 

"Okay I know it's crazy and I know it's weird but I want to get a ring for Maddy." I tell them. 

"Wait like a wedding ring?" Rose asks me and I nod. 

"We're in Scotland and in Scotland you can get married at 16, well even in England you can get married at 16 with permission from your parents." I explain. 

"I know, did you talk to the Potters?" Liz asks me and I smile. 

"Yeah I did. They said it was okay because we don't know what's going to happen next." I tell them and they smile. "So please help me pick out a ring." And we spend a few minutes going through rings, finally we pick one out that's a small gold band with a small diamond. When we got back out there the boys were off with Maddy standing there talking to Benjy. 

"Get what you need?" Maddy asks me and I nod. "What is ittttttttttt" She asks me. 

"Not telling yoooooooooouuuuu. You'll know soon enough" And she smiles

Edited and rewritten 10/31/20