chapter 33

Maddy's prospective

"Dumbledore believes that you yourself are not in danger. But what you would bring into this world" McGonagall tells me. She looks at my stomach. 

"Wait so if I ever get pregnant than I'm in danger? That my baby would be in danger? Does that mean if James has kids that they'd be in danger too?" I ask and she nods. "Why? What is so special about us, so special about Arrow?" 

"Do you remember 6 years ago you, your brother and your parents went to a wedding?" She asks me. 

I try and think, I was 5 at the time, and when I was 5 I remember flying for the first time, doing accidental magic and knocking over a bowl full of sauce all over the kitchen, James and I playing dress up, and picking flowers with Arrow in a field behind our house. I shake my head no. 

"When you were that young your family, Ms. Woods family and the Longbottoms went to a wedding, and at the wedding you, your brother, Ms. Woods and Frank Longbottom were playing outside. Your parents lost sight of you and when you all didn't come back they went out looking for you. They found you all passed out surrounded by golden haze. No one understood what it meant. We believe that whatever happened to you all made it possible that you all will give birth to children much stronger than any wizard in this world" 

"Wait why didn't my parents tell us this?" I ask her. 

"We didn't tell your parents dear. We wanted to let you know so you can be safe before anything happens" A voice said behind me. Dumbledore was standing near the door. 

"Sir what does it mean, who is this person who is wanting to kill us? Who is the person who killed Arrow?" I ask him. Dumbledore walks up to us. He looks at me. 

"Maddy the man who killed Ms. Woods is a man named Tom Riddle. He was a student here at Hogwarts many years ago. He had a thirst for power when he was attending the school and wanted to come back to teach students. I refused and since then he has been off the grid, looking for ways to become immortal, to create and army and to kill anything or anyone who may stand in his way. You, your brother and Frank Longbottom were given a power inside of you that will be passed on to your children, the power to stop his rise and to take down this man." Dumbledore explains to me. I shudder at the thought. "It will be alright my dear I promise you. Just be careful and do not worry about telling your parents. We will tell your parents and we can tell your brother if you would like" He offers to me. 

"I'll tell him, if he needs to know more I'll send him your way" I tell them and they both nod. "I'm going to the common room now. Goodnight Professors" And I walk out of the classroom. I start walking towards the common room. Why does everything happen to me? Of course at that moment when I have that exact thought I have to be grabbed from behind and knocked out with something. 

Harely's perspective

I get to the common room and I don't see any of my friend back yet. I sit and wait for them to arrive, but they never seem to. It's possible Maddy met up with them at some point, should I still wait up for them? No I'm going to go to bed. I stand up and walk to the stairs. I climb the stairs and I see Lily in our dorm already. 

"Lily how are you?" I smile, she turns around and looks at me. 

"Harely! How are your summer? I'm good" She gives me a slight hug and then goes back to what she was doing at the base of her bed. 

"Summer was alright, Maddy didn't have the best summer in the world" I tell her and she loves over at me. 

"How come? You guys usually have fun in the summer" She questions. I go and I sit on my bed, I sigh before explaining everything. The party, camping, her friend passing, what it could mean, and her attitude the whole summer. "Oh my gosh that sounds not very fun" Lily tells me and I shrug. "Where are they now?" 

"Everyone expect me and Maddy snuck out of detention and then McGonagall wanted to talk to Maddy so she stayed behind but now I think Maddy met up with the rest of them at this point. I don't know where they went or when they'll be back." And Lily shrugs, not knowing either. The next morning Maddy wasn't in the dorm, not the weirdest thing the world. The problem arose when I find out they hadn't seen her since detention, and then McGonagall hadn't seen her since she had left detention. 

Maddy's perspective

I was somewhere cold and damp. There was a gated door and no source of lighting. I don't know how much time has passed, but I know I wanted out. I screamed until my voice was ruff. Surely someone heard me. Was I still at Hogwarts or was this somewhere else? I wanted to go home, I wanted to see my friends. After a few moments I hear some sort of bell, and then what sounds like footsteps above me, I could hear people, lots of people in fact. I scream again but there's so much noise that they can't hear me. 

James' perspective

Maddy had been missing for a week now. We checked everywhere on the Hogwarts grounds, no where to be found. Mom and Dad came to the school to try and help find her. And then we learned something horrible. The reason why Arrow died, if I have kids they'll die and so will I, someone is after our blood. Maddy was told this right before she went missing, so this was no longer a runaway this was a kidnapping. 

Mom and Dad took me to Hogsmed at one point to try and get my mind off of things. 

"Here let's go into the book shop" Mom suggests. We walk in, it was empty expect a cashier at the front counter. We look through the book shelves, every book I look at I can't help but think how Maddy would love to read it. Then we all heard it, a faint scream. We look around the shop but don't see anyone else in there. Then we hear it again. 

"Am I going crazy or does that sound like?" My dad begins, my mom and I both nod. We look around yet again and then I see it through the window, Maddy was running out of the woods surrounding Hogsmed. She had torn up clothes, and was crying and it looked like she was being chased. 

Edited and Rewritten 10/20/20