Chapter 40

Maddy's prospective

I wake up and I look around, I was alone. Harely had fallen asleep with the rest downstairs and I left them down there. It has been three days since I got back from Saint Mungos and I felt even more different. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Another nightmare where I died.

I almost did die, I almost lost the ones I love again. I feel like this all that my life has been, running from something and then going into the danger, getting hurt and either loosing someone or they almost loose me. Harely and I ended up being okay, her parents however were not.

After her mom never showed up to Saint Mungos dad sent someone to check on her, and found something pretty bad. Her mom was, well her mom was in the same place as Arrow. Harely was staying with us now, just like Sirius. I heard my mom telling my dad one night that she was happy that Harely and Sirius were staying with us because she could try and keep us safe if we were all together. My dad said that as long as we were alive and safe than he didn't care where we were

I hear soft knock on my door. I wasn't sure who was awake right now, the sun wasn't even up yet, I could see it trying to come above the mountains.

"Yes" I call softly. James walked in closing the door softly as to not wake everyone else. Hopefully the others were still asleep downstairs. I had put blankets over each one of them and put a couple extra logs on the fire so they stayed warm before I went to climb into my own bed.

"You ok" James asks. He walks over to my bed, stopping and skipping over every creaky board. After him sneaking into my room during the night for 13 years he knew what boards to skip over.

"Fine" I lie putting my head in my hands. I sat up and put my knees to my chest and then put my head against my knees.

"No your not" he says. He sits down on the edge of my bed and I shoot away, he had scared me.

James's prospective

I see Maddy shoot away. What happened to when she loved to lay by the fire with someone, be on top of them and not even flinch when they moved or said something. Now she can't even deal with sudden movements like me sitting on the bed.

"Are you ok" I ask her.

"Ya" She says raising her head. Fear and sadness is in her eyes past the fake smile she has on. "James just go" She says. I can hear the pain in her voice. What the heck happened. I mean I know what happened but something changed her. I see 5 pairs of feet under the door.

Harely's prospective

I know we shouldn't be spying but something is going down. We woke up when James went upstairs and he said he would check on Maddy and be right back. He hadn't come back so we came to check on him checking on Maddy.

Remus's prospective

We need to figure out how we can best help Maddy.

Sirius's prospective

I hear them talking but they stop, run run run

Rose's prospective

I watch Sirius running, coward

Liz's prospective

Where is the kitchen. Wait I need to focus it is two am. Mmmmmmm two am ice cream.

Maddy's prospective

James left and I try to drift off to sleep, I closed my eyes as I hear him talking to someone, either the parents or the one of the others

I am in a room and I see Regulus "What is going on" I ask. The room sets fire. "Ah" I shout.

"Maddy call down, you and you friends are safe" He shouts.

"Why should I trust you" I shout to him blocking some of the flame with my hand. Ouch that burns.

"Because I" but then it all stops.

I sit up at first I still think I'm dreaming but then I hear someone call out

"Maddy" I see Harely, Liz, and Rose at my door. How long had it been since James left? I look to the window it was still mostly dark out there.

"Can we come in?" Liz asks me and I nod

"Get over here" I say. The come in and sit on my bed. Harley sits right next to me and I put my head on her shoulder, out of habit more than anything.

"You ok" Harely asks me and I try to say it in a way that won't worry them but I wouldn't be lying.

"I will be" I answer. "Are you guys alright" I ask.

"We will be" The answer making me smile. I lay back down, and they all do the same, all of us in the bed that some how magically expanded and more pillows appeared.

"Why does it effect you more" Liz asks. I did know the answer but should I share it? I know that the truth is the time that I was kidnapped I lost all hope, I felt like that was the end, that I wouldn't make it out alive, that I would never see any of my friends again. And I felt like my friends might have felt the same way, and it put me back in the place that I had been when I was kidnapped.

"Because I never want to loose you guys and that's what happened" I say. Sticking with the not a lie but not the fall truth. We all fall asleep uneasily. But we all wake up when we hear floor boards creak and my door opens.

"Maddy" James asks. Him and Remus and Sirius are there.

"You guys can sleep on the floor" I whisper to them.

"I'm closing the curtain" Sirius tells me and he closes the curtain so when the sun finally rose it would not be shining directly on us. The boys had brought their own blankets and pillows so they each made a little bed on the floor. After a while I heard everyone's breathing slow and I knew they were asleep, and with that I feel asleep as well.

Edited and rewritten 10/23/20