Chapter 59

Maddy's perspective

As soon as Liz and Rose were gone I turn to James and Lily. 

"What did you mean by three?" I ask Lily and her eyes go wide. 

"You heard me?" Lily asks me in surprise. 

"Yes, are you pregnant?" I ask Lily and she nods. 

"Wait you're pregnant?" Remus asks coming out of the kitchen. Lily nods. "Oh my god Lily, congrats!" Remus cheers and Lily smiles. 

"Am I the only one who forgot that there's an evil bad guy coming after us and our children? Lily shouldn't be pregnant" I tell them. 

"I know it was an accident" Lily tells me. We all stand there for a moment. 

"Do you want it to be a boy or a girl?" I ask Lily and she smiles. 

"Wait a boy or a girl for what?" Sirius asks walking into the room. 

"Lily is pregnant" James tells Sirius. Sirius smiles

"Are you serious? I mean I am but really?" Sirius asks and we all laugh for a moment. James puts his hand on Lily's stomach. 

"We can't do a celebration or anything, we have to hide it from everyone but Dumbledore and maybe a few others" I say and Lily nods. 

James's perspective 

"James just sit down" Sirius told me and I looked over at him. 

"Mate how can I calm down? My child is going to be born soon" I tell him and he rolls his eyes. 

"I know but you are more nervous than I was on our final exams, and I never studied. You are so nervous you got kicked out of the room because you were making Lily nervous" Sirius reminds me. I nod but it doesn't stop me from pacing around. 

Maddy opens up the door and pops her head out, Sirius and I both look at her. 

"Okay so Lily is fine, come meet your son" Maddy tells me. And my eyes must have lit up because she nodded. "A boy" 

"Oh my gosh" I smile and she opens up the door all the way. I walk into the room. Lily was there, holding a bundle of blankets. She smiles up at me and looks back down at the bundle of blankets. 

"James. James come look at him" Lily tells me. I walk over to her and I look inside the bundle. A little pink face was peaking through, sleeping. 

"Oh my gosh" I felt like I was in a dream. 

"Did you decide a name if it was a boy?" Sirius asks and I nod. 

"Harry James Potter" Lily tells him. She looks up at me. "James, it's your turn hold him" And she passes the bundle to me. In my arms I take the little guy and hold him like Maddy taught me. I look at his sleeping face and I feel in love with him. 

"I'm a dad" I whisper and everyone heard me, laughing a little bit. 

"Yes you are" Maddy tells me looking over my shoulder at the bundle. 

"Hi Harry, I'm your dad" I tell him and he opens his eyes slowly. Lily's eyes looked back at me. "He has your eyes Lily" I tell her and she smiles, nodding while trying not to cry. Maddy stood next to me and there was a tiny flash. Remus was across the room taking a picture. 

"The little Potter Family" Remus smiles.

Maddy's perspective

"Ugh James!" I yell as I almost trip over yet another pair of shoes. 

"Sorry Maddy!" I hear from the upstairs. I sigh and I kick them out of the way before closing the door all the way. "Lily fix your husband" I tell her as I walk from the entryway to the kitchen with the bags of food. 

"He's your brother" She reminds me and she helps to start unloading the bags. 

After Harry was born we were put into lockdown. The four of us together, basically anyone with a Potter name. Remus and Sirius can only visit once a month and I am the one who goes out once a week for food. Everything else has to wait. James walks into the kitchen holding a sleepy Harry. 

"Oh there's my favorite nephew. Come here buddy" I say taking Harry from James. Harry yawned and wrapped his little finger around my hair. "He needs to stop doing this" I laugh and he pulls slightly. 

"Well maybe you could cut your hair" James suggests. I shrug and look down at Harry. His eyes were so beautiful. 

"Dumbledore is coming over in a bit. He said he has some news for us." Lily tells me. I nod and a few moments later our fireplace lights up and Dumbledore steps out of the fireplace. He smiles at all of us. 

"Good evening Potters, how are you this evening?" He asks us. 

"Fine, what's the news you have for us?" I ask him. I was on edge almost everyday now, with Harry here we were in more danger. 

"We have an idea. We want to put a spell on the house, using a secret keeper. A secret keeper would be the sole person who can tell people where you are. It will help but you won't be able to tell anyone anything, not where you are, not who lives here. If anyone tries to expose where you live, they'll loose their tongue but you shouldn't leave the house at all. Not till we can defeat Tom Riddle." He doesn't step off of our rug. 

"How well will that work?" James asks.

"James he just explained. It keeps us safe but we can't leave. We just need to choose who we tell." Lily tells him. James nods. 

"We would tell, Sirius and Remus of course. But who would be our secret keeper. Choosing Sirius or Remus is too expected. They would be put in more danger than they already are being close to us. We just need someone who isn't that close to us but we still know enough, can we use Mcgonagall or someone?" I ask. 

"We will find someone. But all of you need to stay safe." 

Edited and rewritten 1/8/21