chapter 6

James' prospective

What have I done I thought Maddy would be happy here. I thought Maddy would be happy once she found friends. But instead she found the library but she still found Remus as a best friend.

"Sirius what do I do about Maddy" I asked he was on his bed. As far as I knew she was currently in her dorm, she said she was going to find her book and read. I know her dorm mates slightly, it was Rose, Liz and Lily. I had a crush on Lily, she was so pretty with her firey hair and pretty smile. I fell in love when Maddy introduced us. 

"I dunno she seems fine" he replied, snapping me out of my thoughts of Lily.

"I know she does she always seems fine but she never tells me if anything is bothering her, I learnt that right away after she was born. She only has Remus as a friend, no offense Remus." I called to him he was reading on his bed.

"None taken" he said turning the page, he smiled softly and then dropped the smile when he saw I was looking

"James, James relax she is fine she is just shy." Said Sirius, I scoff. How could he know? Maddy half hated him for what he did on the first day. And Sirius has tried to say sorry, she said it was fine but she still didn't look his way when talking to him. 

"Ya she tells me things and play chess and let me tell you she is good at it." Said Remus, he was smiling softly again. He didn't look up from his book. I know they spent a lot of time together, playing cards and chess, going to the library and sneaking to the kitchens. 

"Whoa whoa whoa she tells you things like what?" I said sitting up and looking at him, he didn't look up or unphased by the question.

"Just basic things like how she doesn't know how to dance normally but she can slow dance. What type of tea she likes. Or how she has different views on the world. Stuff like that." He said turning the page again. She never told me these things, well some I guess I already knew, she likes green tea with sugar and no milk. She couldn't dance to save her life but she loved ball dancing. 

"What views does she have on the world." Asks Sirius with curiosity, I look over at him. He looked up from his homework that he was trying to complete. 

"Why do you want to know" Remus asks finally looking up from his book just to eye him with suspicion. 

"Ya why" I asked wondering the same thing.

"No reason I just think how many different people see the world." He said. If I had learned anything from Sirius in these past two weeks is that he was a terrible liar. 

Sirius's prospective

Merlin's pants they almost caught me, I had a crush on Maddy and I don't know if it was just a normal school boy crush or was it something that I truly felt. 

"Hey Remus can I borrow your homework" I ask changing the subject.

"No Sirius I have already told you do your own work." He said eying me as if he knew I wanted to change the subject. James however asked Remus if Maddy was fine because she wasn't talking to James as much as she used to. She never wanted to talk to me directly unless it was needed. 

"I believe so, she isn't really talking to lots of people. People think she is crazy but I know she is just been her and you for the past couple of years." He got hit in the head with a pillow from James. "What in the world was that for." he said bringing the pillow up a throwing it back and knocking him off his bed.

"For saying that she is shy because she only had me but she has always been shy" I laughed James and Remus came up to me and hit me with pillows.

"Hey Remus" Maddy had come in and she got hit in the face with a pillow. We all froze then Maddy grabbed a pillow and hit James with a pillow in the face.

"Ok now you are getting it." Said James. We had fun hitting each other with pillows. Maddy was strong for someone her size. She went for Remus at one point and tripped, completely diving into the floor face first. 

"Owww" She cries. Remus and James dive down to help her. When she lifts her head up her nose is bleeding. "I think I broke it" She cries, blood was gushing out of her nose and tears were falling out of her eyes. 

"Here I'll take you to the nurse" James tells her standing up, giving his hand to her to help her. 

"No I want Remus to take me" She tells him. James looks offended, he lowers his hand as Remus helps her up. They walk out of the room and down the staircase. James turns to me. 

"She really just said she would rather have her friend rather than her own brother to help her" He scoffs. 

"Mate I don't think you can judge her too much, she still seems angry about the whole thing from two weeks" I tell him. He starts picking up all the pillows and putting them on beds. 

"That was two weeks ago and I am her brother, she has never been this mad at me before. Never, not even when I broke her favorite train when she was 4. I don't understand what I have to do" He tells me. 

"James I don't know her as well as you do I can't say anything for that" And I sit back down on my bed. I try to finish my homework as James does the same. About an hour later Remus and Maddy come back, Maddy's nose fixed but dried blood still on her shirt. 

"James I'm sorry" She says softly. 

"Sorry for what? We broke your nose" James says trying to hide how hurt he was. 

"I'm sorry for picking Remus to take me instead of you. And for being mad at you for two weeks." She says and she gives him a hug. 

"I still love you. You know that" He says giving her a hug in return. 

"Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asks and James nods. We pull out the camp bed and she falls asleep on it about an hour later. 

 I woke up the next morning and found Remus taking a shower and Maddy still asleep like everyone else. I thought she looked peaceful. I think I like her, but I know she doesn't like me. Maybe I should drop it? 

Edited and Rewritten 9/19/20