chapter 7

Remus's prospective

I woke up and hopped in the shower. Today was Saturday so I had no plans for the day. Once I was done with my shower I realized I had forgotten my long sleeve shirt instead I had grabbed one of my short sleeve shirts which I wear with a sweater over it. I got dressed in my other clothes. We didn't need to wear robes on weekends so we could wear what we wanted. 

Today I wanted to wear a long sleeve shirt and a pair of pants. So I just thought since the others were still asleep that I would grab a long sleeve and I didn't need to wear the other one. As I walked over to my truck I saw Maddy was awake. Dammit, this is it isn't it.

I didn't want to tell the others that I was werewolf, they would see me as an outcast and judge me. They would tell the others and they would tell everyone and I would be thrown out of Hogwarts today. 

"Remus?" She asks softly, trying not to wake up the others. She didn't look scared, or angry, or anything. If truth be told she looked slightly concerned, but she really look tired. 

"Maddy, I can explain" I say quickly. She didn't say anything, she just walked over to me. She looked up and down at my scars then as making up her mind she took off her sweatshirt (which was to big for her) and her short sleeve shirt. She had a tink top on but what I did see made me gasp and feel worried. 

She was covered from a bit of her neck to her waist in scars. Deep gases and cuts she looked away. I looked at her but she didn't look anywhere but the floor. 

She then reached out and touched arm, which had scars leading to my hands. She ran her hand over one of the scars and then she dropped her hand down. We kind of looked at each other for a moment before she spoke.

"What happened" she asked, I didn't want to tell her so I answered with the same question.

"What happened to you" I asked as I put a long sleeve shirt on and she put her stuff back on.

"I don't know if I want to tell you." she said. And for a moment I felt hurt, she had trusted me with almost everything in these past two weeks. I knew her pretty well, but the fact that she didn't want to trust me with whatever hurt her. Well to be fair I wasn't tell her either. 

"Well I don't know if I am ready to tell you." I said in return. A small part of me wanted to but the larger part of me said no. I had started to walk towards the door, but what she said made me stop. 

"Is because you are a werewolf" I froze in my tracks. I turned back around and looked at her. She had put her shirt and sweatshirt back on. She stared at me. I didn't move, just watched as she put on her shoes. James stirred as she was done and looked up at her. 

"What's going on?" He asks, obviously only half awake. She laughs softly, and turns to face him. 

"I'm going to get breakfast, I'll see you later." She tells him and he tries to sit up.

"I'll come with" She laughs and shakes her head. 

"I'll be fine. Go back to sleep" And she turns and walks out the door. I follow her and shut the door softly. We walk into the common room, which was completely empty. She walks down to the great hall and sits down, grabbing some toast. 

"Are we not going to talk about it?" I ask her looking around. We were the only ones at the Gryffindor table, there was maybe two Hufflepuffs, a handful of Ravenclaws, and one lone Slytherin. She looks up at me from across the table, she was buttering her toast. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me tilting her head side ways. I look around again, everyone seemed to be minding their own business. She sprinkles cinnamon and sugar on her toast. 

"I mean, how do you know? Does anyone else know? Did you tell anyone?" I ask quietly and she laughs softly. "You shouldn't be laughing this is serious" 

"No it's not Remus. It's fine. No one else knows, I didn't tell anyone, I didn't share it with anyone else, your secret is safe Remus" She looks at my empty plate. "Eat something and I'll tell you how I know." I grab some eggs, toast, and bacon. We sat there for a moment just eating in silence. Everyone else was not awake enough to be talking so truly no one in the hall was speaking. She finished up her toast, drank some tea and orange juice and reached into her sweatshirt pocket. She pulled out her wand and reached in her pocket again to pull out a travel cup. 

"How do you keep everything in your pockets like that?" I ask her. She had done it so many times in front of me, it was like a skill of hers. She never carried around a bag, just always seemed to have things in her pockets. 

"Magic" She answers shortly, pouring tea into the travel cup. She put the lid on it and stood up. "Come on then, let's go out to the grounds." And I stand up, as soon as I do the last of my breakfast disappears. She leads me out to the grounds and we go to sit underneath a tree. It was a nice day out, probably one of our last before it starts to get cold. The leaves were green, but there was some turning orange and yellow. She sits down, takes the lid off her tea, blows on it and takes a sip.

"How do you know?" I ask her. 

Edited and rewritten 9/20/20