chapter 15

Maddy's perspective

I don't remember who told me but someone did tell me all good things must come to an end. 

And they were right. Everything turned bad the next day. It was Saturday and I went to the library, the boys didn't come with, Remus and James had detention from the ball and Sirius thought the library was boring so he stayed in the Gryffindor common room to play wizard chess with Lily. Right as I left Some Slytherins where there to ruin my day.

"Hey Potter you sure you can carry all those books cause you might......fall" a Slytherin says tripping me. My books went flying. I picked myself off the ground, my glasses had fallen off and were in two pieces on the floor. 

"Have a nice trip" a Slytherin girl asks laughing with the rest of them.

"Yes it was rather delightful now if you excuse me I have to go tell lie to a professor to save all of your sorry arses" I say picking up my books. They all look dumbstruck. "That's right I would rather not get all of you in trouble now shut your mouths" I say walking away. 

"You are worse than your brother" One yells after me. I kept walking and walked all the way to the common room without my glasses, the pieces being stuffed into my pocket. When I get to the common room I sit on the couch and close my eyes. 

"Hey are you alright?" I open them to see Liz standing next to the couch. 

"Yeah I'm fine" I tell her sitting up straight. 

"Are you sure? The bridge of your nose is bleeding and you aren't wearing your glasses." She tells me. I touch the bridge of my nose and sure enough blood was on it. "What happened" And I fill her in on what happened as she sits down next to me. "That's shitty" 

"You curse like an american" I laugh and she laughs too. "What?" I ask her smiling. 

"Maddy I am American. I've known you for half a school year and you haven't noticed that before" She laughs. And just like that, the good times were back. 

"I don't know how I didn't realize. Wait so did you move here to come to Hogwarts or something else" And we sit and we chat. 

We go on with our day, and then the next day and the next and the next. Months pass by until it is Summer. The days were longer and the nights were shorter. As soon as I knew it we were back on the train going home. 

"Is this the same compartment as last time?" Sirius asks us as we sit down. 

"Uh I think so?" James says confused. Sirius digs into one of the seats with his hands and pulls out a deck of playing cards. 

"No way! They're still here!" He laughs, we join in. 

"How are they still here?" Remus asks and Sirius shrugs and opens them up. We play cards and eat chocolate and enjoy our last moments of magic. 

"This summer is going to be weird" James says out of no where. We were just sitting there, watching the country pass by. 

"How come?" I ask him looking at him. He sighed. 

"I'm going to miss you guys" He says kind of pouting. I kinda laugh and he looks at me. "Not you dumb face. I mean I have spent time with you guys for so long, Christmas, Easter, and now what? Not seeing you for three months?" He says crossing his arms. 

"James we will write and you'll be fine" Remus reassures him but James shrugs. "Maddy will get on us if we don't write" and we were interrupted by the door opening. Elizabeth opened it up and stuck her head in. 

"Last chance Remy, leave these people and come hang out with us" She smiles at Remus. He sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"I've told you since the beginning Elizabeth, no." He says and she rolls her eyes back at him. 

"Yeah get out of the way Elizabeth you're being annoying" A voice said and she was pushed out of they way and Liz walked in with Rose. They sat down next to us. 

"What are you guys doing?" Rose asks us. 

"Talking about how James is going to miss us" Sirius tells them. 

"Does that include us Jamie Wamie?" Liz says with a fake pouty lip and she bats her eyelashes. James cracks a smile. 

"You wish. But I won't miss you two at all" He jokes. Liz puts a hand over her heart and gasps. "Fine I'll miss you two as well" 

"That's what I like to hear" Rose laughs and we continue to crack jokes until we reach the station. We all step out and grab our trunks. James and I see our parents first, dragging everyone over to introduce them to our parents. 

"Mom this is Sirius, this one is Remus, this one is Rose and that one is Liz" I say to my mom. 

"Maddy isn't there a better way to introduce them other than saying this one and that one?" She asks me. Rose looks at my mom. 

"What's wrong with the way she said it" Rose asks her and then continues to look around the platform and spots her parents. "There's my folks. Alright Maddy write to me, you too James, Remus, Sirius, Liz" And she walks off to her parents. 

"I see my parents too, bye guys see you in the fall. Write to me" Liz says giving us all quick hugs. She walks off and within a moment she's gone. 

"Are you two going to run off on us?" Mom asks joking with the boys. 

"No ma'am. I have an extra moment to bug your children" Remus says with a smile. 

"I could stay for a minute" Sirius says winking at my mom. 

"Sirius that's our mom" Both James and I say at the same time. Sirius does a double take. 

"Did Maddy and James just agree on something?" He asks. 

"For the first time ever" Our dad jokes. We roll our eyes. After goodbyes we leave the station with the promise of writing over the summer. I was going to hold those boys to that if it was the last thing I was gonna do. 

Edited and rewritten 9/24/20

Yes I am sorry for the time skip but that's what I did in the past and I am trying to keep the story some what the same. Sorry