Chapter 57

Maddy's prospective

I walked over to James who was on the couch. He looked up at me and smiled softly, he didn't look too bad. I grabbed his hand, the non-broken one, and bent down to be eye level with him. 

"Hey James" I tell him, looking at the others around us. 

"Hey Maddy" He tells me. 

"Some wedding night huh?" I joke, looking at his arm and then looking up, past Sirius and at Lily who looked nervous. She kept pacing back and forth, wand not leaving her hand. Sirius kept his wand in his pocket but his hand in his pocket too. 

"Never going to forget it" James chuckles and leans his head on the back of the couch. Mrs. Lupin walks up to us. 

"Maddy!" She exclaims and gives me a hug, her hands not touching my back due to the fact that they were full of bottles, jars, and dried herbs. "Listen dear, you understand medicine enough, can you help me heal some others?" I nodded and stood up. I grabbed some of the things out of her hands. 

"Okay if you have a broken bone go to Harely, bleeding come to me, anything else go to Mrs. Lupin. If you have more than one of those go the person who can help with what hurts the most." I say out loud and soon I was sitting at the table, people coming up to me one by one.

Most of us were silent, so when the screams started we all heard it. I think it was Lily who screamed first, but I couldn't tell. It was Lily who ran in, still in her wedding dress and barefoot, the sky behind her flashing bright colors. 

"They're here! They made it here!" She yelled at all of us and immediately half the room stood up and grabbed wands. I was helping a small child who was bleeding out of her stomach. James was running towards the door. 

"James!" I yell at him and he stops, others still running by. I look him dead in the eyes. "Be safe" I tell him and he gives me a nod and runs out into the yard. I turn to the little girl and we go under the table. 

"What's happening? Are they coming for us again?" She asks me and I shake my head. I put up shield charms around the table, it blocked sound, and no spells would get through it. It created a bubble around us and I turn back to her. 

"No honey we'll be okay I promise you. Okay can I finish healing your tummy?" I ask her and she nods. I whisper spells, whatever came to mind until her stomach stopped bleeding and all that was left was a red spot on her dress. The earth shook beneath us and my first thought was to grab and hold her in my arms. 

"I'm scared" She tells me not letting go of my arms. I am too, but I can't scared her more. 

"Hey it's okay, it's okay honey. What's your name? I never got your name" I ask her, she was shaking and I know it wasn't just because the earth was shaking. 

"Amber" she tells me. She wasn't letting go of my arms, despite my hands covered in blood. 

"Amber that's a pretty name, we'll be okay" And then it stopped. The earth stopped shaking, the sky outside was done flashing. The front door had been left open and in runs Remus. I let the shield charm go and Amber let's go of me. I stand up from under the table and I latch onto Remus. 

"Maddy" He whispers into my ear, his arms wrapping around me. 

"Remus" I whisper back, but I could tell something was wrong, his arms were never this loose in a hug. 

"Maddy" He whispers again and I pull back and look at him, his eyes filled with tears. "Maddy" He says a bit louder. I look at him and then I look towards the door, Sirius was standing near the door. Tears were running down his face. Someone was hurt. I go past Remus and towards Sirius. 

"Maddy" Sirius says grabbing onto my waist before I could make it through the door. 

"Sirius let me go" I tell him and he doesn't. 

"Maddy, please" He says looking me dead in my eyes. 

"Sirius if someone is hurt I need to go help them" I tell him and he lets go of me. I see groups of people everywhere, the ground had chunks blown out. I look around, most people were getting off the ground, a couple of them helping others. Then I see them, James and Lily kneeling next to someone. I run over to them, and it was only when I got to them that I realized who it was. 

Harely was on the ground, not moving expect her eyes. 

"Harely" I exclaim and I bend down to look at her. Her stomach was bleeding, as was her head and chest. "Harely, it's okay, it's okay" I tell her, grabbing my wand in my right hand and her head in my left. Lily was on my right, James on the other side of Harely. 

"Maddy" Harely says softly and I look at her, in her eyes. "Don't" She tells me. She uses her arm to push mine down. 

"Harely what do you mean Don't" I ask her. She looks at me. 

"Don't" She repeats. 

"Harely I'm not going to let you just bleed out here" I tell her and then I notice it, I could see through her stomach. Through the blood I could see the ground underneath her. Whatever hit her went right through her, damaging every organ in her stomach. She wouldn't be okay, and if I tried to fix her it might be worse. 

"Maddy, I love you" She whispers softly. 

"Harely it's okay, you're okay. You'll be okay I know you will" I tell her, putting my wand down and holding her head in both of my hands, pulling her closer to me. 

"Maddy I love you" She repeats, her eyes were filled with tears and her mouth was dripping blood. 

"I love you too Harely. Of course I love you" I tell her and she looks at the sky. 

"Look at the stars" She whispers, and I look up with her. It reminded me of our first real date, we climbed onto the roof and watched the stars. "Remember our first date? Oh the stars never change" She tells me. 

"Yeah they're beautiful." I look back down at her. "They will never compare to how beautiful you are" I tell her and she laughs softly. 

"You'll be okay" She tells me, and then her chest stops rising, her eyes close and she lays there. 

"Harely? Harely?" I ask her but she does not stir. I turn to James and Lily, looking at them both. "She's okay right? She's okay?" I ask them, Lily grabs my hand, which was now covered in so much blood I couldn't tell who's was who's. 

"Maddy" Lily whispers to me and I let my hands be slipped away from under Harely, and I was brought away from her. My last look rushed and felt like a dream. 

When I was far enough away it just looked like she was sleeping. 

She's just sleeping. 

Edited and rewritten 12/13/20