chapter 34

Maddy's prospective

I don't remember how I got here. One moment I was in complete darkness, cold and no light. Then I was in the woods, the sun shining on my skin. There were two people standing behind me, both wearing masks. I was barely able to stand up when one of them said

"Run" And as soon as I did the started to come after me. I ran through trees and bushes, almost tripping a million times. I don't know where I was or where I was going. After what feels like forever I loose them behind me, and I realize why. I was nearing people, voices could be heard. As soon as I run in between some trees I see it, Hogsmed. I try and think who I can go to when I see them, James, my mom and my dad. 

"Mom! Dad!" I scream and I run towards them. As I reach them they embrace me. "Is it really you?" I ask them. 

"Of course honey. Of course it's us" my mom tells me. I don't let go of them. After a moment I let go of them and latch onto James. 

"What happened? Where were you?" James asks me. I pull away and he gets a full look at me. I was covered in dirt and blood from running through the forest, I had bruises underneath that from slamming myself against the walls to get out. The last thing I remember wearing was my shirt, tie and robes yet, I was in some sort of night gown. 

"I don't know I want to go home please take me home" I say, I had been crying for what felt like years now and I was crying once again. And so they take me to the hospital wing and after I was fixed up I was sitting on a bed trying to remember everything I could. 

"Just tell us what you remember dear" McGonagall was standing next to my bed. Her and Dumbledore were there trying to figure out what happened. 

"I remember I left your classroom, and I hadn't even gone on the staircase yet when someone grabbed me. I was grabbed and then hit with something on my head. I woke up on the floor of a room, it was dark, there was no light, it was cold and damp. My foot had a chain on it. I tried screaming but no one heard me, or they were ignoring me. Several times there would be a bell and then foot steps, and people talking. Then the footsteps would stop and a bell would go off again. I tried getting out but I didn't have my wand. Then next thing I know I'm waking up in the middle of the woods. There was two people there wearing masks, and one told me to run. As soon as I did they started to chase me through the woods. They shot spells at me and then when I hit the tree line they peeled off, I don't think they expected me to run that way. But I did and then I saw mom and dad so I ran towards them" I explain. Dumbledore nods. 

"We will figure the rest out. For now I believe your parents may have some news" Dumbledore smiles, and they walk away. I turn to my mom and dad and look at them. 

"Well, we have decided to pull you out of Hogwarts" My mom tells me. I sit there for a moment. 

"What?" I ask in complete shook. We could not be taken out of Hogwarts. 

"With all that Dumbledore told us " Mom says. I don't say anything. What about my friends, my classes? I couldn't leave those behind. 

 "What about me" James asks. He was in as much shock as I am. 

"You can stay" Dad says. Mom glares at him but doesn't say anything. Why does he get to stay? Why do I have to go? 

"So you are only pulling me out of Hogwarts" I ask. 

"Yes" Mom says. 

"what about my friends my school work, this is unfair" I ask. 

"You are going to Beauxbatons" Mom says excitedly. And I felt my heart drop. Mom always said it would be good for me to go to a school where you were taught perfection along with spell work. I think part of this was my mom wanted me to be more girly. 

James' perspective

And that was the day Maddy left Hogwarts, she got short simple goodbyes before leaving. She went to Beauxbatons and we didn't know what to do. Part of me understood why the change, Maddy was in a slump, she needed somewhere to be away from the things that have brought her down, she needed some change. The other part of me was upset, this is was my sister. I had never spent more than 4 days away from her in our lives ever. 

But the day finally came when she would be coming home. I can't wait to see my little sister. 

"James you exicted" Harely asks me. Remus, Sirius, Liz, Rose, and Harely came over to welcome Maddy home.

 "I am" I say excitedly. Right then the door handle turns. 

"She's here" Liz says. None of us had changed. Maddy walks in she definitely has changed.

Harely's prospective

What the heck, she grew tall. How long has it been? 3 maybe 4 years? How tall can someone get in that time?

Liz's prospective

Maddy is wearing a dress and makeup, the things that she once hated she was wearing. What had happened? 

Rose's prospective

Oh no, this isn't her this isn't Maddy is it? How can this be her?

Remus's prospective

What happened to Maddy, what happened to the short, small girl we last saw? Maddy was at least the same height as James if not taller. She looked about our age instead of her actual age. 

Sirius's prospective

This is going to end badly. I am calling this here and now this is going to end badly. 

Edited and rewritten 10/20/20