chapter 13

Maddy's prospective

I walk down through the snow and to Hagrid's hut. I knock on the door and hear some noise and then the door opens. 

"Maddy, what ar ya doin out dere in the snow, com in com in I just made a fresh pot er tea" He smiles through his big shaggy beard. 

"Afternoon Hagrid" I smile as I step inside his hut. I had spent time in this hut quite often, most of the time with Remus. Lily, Liz and Rose didn't understand why I spent time down here with Hagrid but I enjoy his company and he makes amazing tea. 

"So how ar ya doin? Classes alright?" Hagrid asks me as I sit down at his table. He grabbed a tea cup and poured some tea for me, then grabbed another larger cup and pour himself a cup.

"I'm fine, and classes are good." I smile helping myself to sugar from the little pot of sugar in the middle of the table. 

"Did yer go to the ball?" He asks me. 

"Yeah something happened tho" I say frowning, he looks at me with concern. "Well I went to the ball and I had a nice time with the boys, Remus, James and Sirius. Even Lily and Severus were there and we all had fun, but then Elizabeth a girl from Ravenclaw came over to me when I was alone. She spilt punch on my dress and said some stuff that wasn't very nice and it kinda ruined the evening" I explain. 

"What did she say to yer?" He asks me sipping on his tea. I gave mine another moment to cool before taking a sip. 

"She said that I was a burden and that people only stick around me because they feel bad for me but one day I'll be nothing but a memory" I tell him and he looks angry and upset at the same time. 

"That's not nice is it?" He says and I shrug. 

"I mean I know she was just trying to be mean but it hurt my feelings a lot." And we sit and chat for a while before there's a knock at the door. Hagrid gets it and Dumbledore walks through the door. 

"'Ello Dumbledore sir" Hagrid says, smiling through his beard as always. I get up and put my coat back on. 

"I better go than. Thank you for the tea as always Hagrid." I smile. 

"Oh no don't leave on my behalf, I just wanted to come tell Hagrid that there has been some Hippogrifs getting too close to the edge of the forest. I would have sent an owl but I wanted to get some fresh air" Dumbledore smiles. 

"No I should probably go anyway. But Sir may I ask you a question before I leave?" I ask him. 

"Of course Ms. Potter, what is it?" He asks me. I look down at the floor and then back up at him. 

"Was it a mistake? Letting me come to Hogwarts early? Did you expect anything else from me than what I am currently doing?" I ask him and he pauses for a moment. 

"My dear child, I never expected anything but great things from you, and from what I have heard you have done nothing but great things." He says and gives me a wink. 

"Would you like a cuppa?" Hagrid asks Dumbledore. 

"You know what Hagrid, I would love one" and Hagrid pours a cup of tea for him. 

"Alright, well I should go. Bye Hagrid, bye sir" And I left walking past I hadn't walk 100 steps when a group of Slytherins came down.

"Look it is Potter show off addition." One said. It was Severus. He was always rude to me when Lily wasn't around. 

"Hello Severus. And don't call me show off just because I am better than you in potions." I say, trying to walk past them, they moved so I couldn't. Why were they out here anyway? There was no classes and it was cold out here. 

"You are too funny. Anyway what are you doing here by yourself. I don't see your body guards anywhere." Severus says looking around like the boys were going to appear any moment. 

"Ah you decided you didn't need friends then huh? Oh wait they aren't your friends" he says.

"I never did. Those are James' friends not mine." I say. Severus raised his wand.

"Flipendo" I was shoot back wards. I didn't crash instead I ended on my toes with my fist on the ground facing forward. They seemed shocked. I had landed by the hut and I was surprised Hagrid didn't see through his window, I looked and saw the curtains drawn shut, no one would see. I ran forward dodging the spells the Slytherins shoot and me. I managed to dodge all of them and make it out of reach. 

I make it to the common room to see the boys by the fire. The boys as in Sirius and James, Remus must still be in the library. I sit by them out of breath. 

"What happened to you?" Sirius asks me. I try to regain my breathe before I say

"I was coming back from Hagrids when some Slythrins tried to attack me" James looks angry. 

"What happened?" He asks in surpise.

"I left Hagrids and a group of Slythrins were outside and they tried to shoot spells at me and chase me down. I dodged, and ran all the way here" I explain still trying to catch my breath. 

"Who was it?" Sirius asks me and I put my head between my knees. "Are you alright?" He asks me. 

"Yeah I'm just trying to breathe. And I don't know" I shrug. 

"You don't know who it is? Are you sure?" James asks me. 

"I don't know who it is James. I'm sorry" I tell him and I feel him rub my back. 

"Don't be sorry. Just let one of us know if you see them in the halls or something" And I nod. "Are you sure you're okay?" 

Edited and rewritten 9/23/20