chapter 56

Harely's perspective

We sat down on our bed, and I looked over at Maddy. She was taking off her heels and socks. We just got back from Lily and James' wedding and we were so tired. I looked around our small apartment. 

Maddy had loads of money from her mom and dad, so did I, but we wanted to save it for our first house. Maddy said she didn't want a house until after the war, and when I reminded her there was not a set time for this thing she just smiled and kissed my cheek. 

"There's no set time for us either" She would whisper in my ear and then change the subject. 

"Maddy" I ask her, she didn't turn around to look at me, but hummed. "Maddy" I ask her again and she turns and looks at me. 

"Yes Harely" She asks me and I smile at her. I stand up and stick out my hand. 

"Dance with me" I tell her. She squints her eyes at me. "Come on, up you get" I tell her and she laughs softly. 

"Harely the past two weeks we have danced more than we ever have in our entire lives why do you want to dance more?" She asks me. I smile and I wave my wand, the record player in the corner put on a soft tune, the kind you sway too and smile. 

"Because we both know how to dance and you look absolutely stunning, plus when is the next time we will be able to dance? There's no promise of tomorrow so let's dance tonight" I tell her. She bit her lip, we both said a lot about not knowing what tomorrow will bring so we should enjoy what we have. She rolled her eyes, gave in and gave me her hand. I pulled her off the bed, threw my wand on the bed and pulled her close to me. Without her heels she was still shorter than me, only by an inch or two. 

"I hate how you are taller than me" She tells me and it was my turn to laugh. 

"Oh get over it one day, when we're old and shriveled you'll end up being taller." I tell her. She puts her arms on my shoulders and I put mine on her waist, we waltz slowly. 

"Well that's when we're like 80" She tells me making a 'duh' face. 

"Well looks like you're going have to wait 60 years Potter" I tease. 

"Right back at you, Potter" She smiles. We dance there, listening to the soft song playing, in our fancy dresses and our fancy makeup. Nothing could ruin this moment. Or so I thought. 

Maddy's perspective

We were standing there when a Patronus flew through the window. It was a Phoenix, beautiful and flowy. 

"Maddy, Harely, we need you both now" And it disappeared after the quick message, the voice coming from it was Dumbledore's. 

"Oh no" I say and I run over to the closet, grabbing on a pair of flats before tossing a pair to Harely who does the same. She then runs over to me and grabs my hand and her wand. With a loud crack, we aren't in our apartment, but instead in a field. We run through the field and through a barrier that felt like cold water. We run up to the small house that the Lupins called home. 

"Stop it right there, both of you!" A sharp voice came out of no where. We look up and are facing the end of the wand of Lily Potter, who was covered in dust, dirt, and something I hope was just ketchup. "Both of you, tell me something only you would know! Maddy, what was one of the ingredents that I said we could use to get the stains from your dress" Lily asked me

"Baking soda!" I tell her. She turns her focus more to Harely. 

"Harely! What was the first thing I ever said to you" Lily asks her, wand not lowering. Behind her I could see into the house, Sirius stood in the doorway, watching Lily and seemed to be protecting something behind him. I could see Remus running back and forth through the window, and others standing around. 

"I'm Lily, and trust me we aren't all that crazy" Harely says and Lily lowers her wand. She runs into us and gives us both a hug. She was crying, something I couldn't see earlier in the darkness but now I could feel. 

"Lily what's going on?" I ask her and before she can explain anything there's another loud crack behind us. She pushes us behind her and she pulls up the wand again. It was Regulus Black. 

"Get back! Get back now!" She yells and Sirius runs out of the doorway, and ends up between Lily and Regulus. 

"Regulus what the hell are you doing here!" Sirius yells and in the darkness again I hadn't been able to see his face but now I could, blood was on the side of it, tears falling down his face. 

"I came to try and help! I'm sorry! I didn't know that was going to happen!" Regulus shouted and Sirius pulled out his wand and put it up to his chin. 

"Get the hell out of here before I curse you myself" Sirius snapped and with another crack Regulus is gone. Sirius turns to us and pulls Harely and I inside, leaving Lily out there alone. 

"Sirius what is happening?" Harely asks him and Sirius points to the living room of the small house. On the same couch that I was on months before laid James, and a few others. There were so many people packed into the small house that I couldn't even count. 

"After you two left the wedding we heard loud noises, at first we thought it was fireworks, but then it started to get louder and louder. Then the tent caught fire, then spells were fired at us. It was like Christmas but worse. There was so many muggles killed, and we couldn't do anything but panic and try and leave. We lost a lot of people, but we don't know much. People are spilt between here and the Jenkens, Remus and I are fine, James broke his arm and something is bleeding and Lily has been on edge so she was put on guard. Poor girl is still in her wedding dress." Sirius tells us.

Edited and rewritten 12/2/20