chapter 51

James' prospective

"James Potter you better get your arse down here right now before I knock it into next week!" Lily was yelling at me. I roll my eyes, laugh and grab my bag, sling it over my shoulders and walk down the stairs to see Lily at the bottom, frowning, wrapped in warm clothing. 

"What Evans? Why so tense" I tease her and rolls her eyes and smacks my arm with her glove. 

"We are supposed to be at McGonagalls office in 10 minutes. We can't be late" She tells me and she looks at my head and sighs. She pulls out a hat and puts it on top of my head. 

"Hey don't mess up the hair Evans" I tell her and she looks at me. 

"What did you do to it? Make sure it was extra shaggy this morning?" She teases me and I roll my eyes. 

"Haha. Let's get a move on then. Where are the others? Are we meeting them there?" I ask and she looks at me. 

"Maddy, Harely, Liz and Rose all left over an hour ago. Liz and Rose went to their own homes for Christmas, they said they weren't going to make it to yours this year. Remus and Sirius went with Maddy and Harely. They are all at your place already." She tells me and pulls down the hat a bit more over my ears. 

"Oh, alright then let's go" And we start walking through the castle. I kept thinking about Maddy. 

Since our fight we haven't talked that much, she stopped coming to breakfast with us every morning, just ended up going with the girls earlier and earlier until we couldn't even try to go at the same time as them. Lily has kept me updated as best as she can throughout it all. 

Since Maddy and I have different career paths, I want to be an auror and she wants to be a healer, we don't have all the same classes together anymore. Both Maddy and Harely are wanting to be healers, Liz and Rose want to be potions masters. Sirius wants to be an auror and Remus wants to work at the ministry. Lily never told me what she truly wants to be but we have some classes in common. 

"James are you alright?" Lily asks me and I nod. I didn't want to say it but I truly missed my sister. Even though I didn't approve of what she wanted to do, we never fought like this before. We end up at McGongalls office and we walk in. 

"Ah Lily, and James. Off to the Potter's then? Alright, you know what to do. Reminder to speak clearly" McGonagall gave us a tiny pot that had floo powder in it. Lily stepped in and in a flash of green fire she was gone. "Uh Potter. I just wanted to say to you, please watch out for Maddy. I know you both aren't happy with each other but you both still care about each other" She smiles and I grab a handful of floo powder. 

"Thanks Minnie. I'll see you after break then?" She nods and I step into the fire place. In a flash of green fire I am back at my house, Lily had already moved out of the way and looked around. 

"Been a while since I've been here. Do you think your parents remember me then?" She asks me and I nod. 

"With all the talking James does about you, there is no way they forgot" I look to the left and there was the other four, smiling at me. They were playing cards, with others from the order playing as well. 

"Yeah mate, we aren't even your parents and we know a lot about her" one of the order members teases me. 

"Oh come on then, why do you have to expose me like that" I ask and everyone laughs. 

Maddy's perspective

James and Lily go and find mom and dad to say hi. I turn to Harely and give her a kiss. 

"I am going to talk to James, then I am going to finish up my present for my parents" I tell her and she smiles and nods. I walk upstairs, and see James and Lily leaving my parents room. "James can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask James. 

"Uh sure, Lily my room is still the same, first on the left" James tells her and he puts his bag down and leans against the wall. "What's up?" 

"I'm sorry about our fight, and how I have been ignoring you for the past few months. Harely and I have been planning our wedding and we want you to be my man of honor. With Sirius and Remus being bridesmaids of course. We're not doing something that big with everything going on but it would mean a lot if you at least came" I tell him and he looks up at me, his eyes glistened. 

"Wait really? You want me apart of your wedding?" He asks me and I nod. 

"Of course, of course I do James. You've been my best friend since I was born. I can't get married without you there" I tell him and he moves, at first I think it's to strike me again but instead he pulled me into a hug. I smile and hug him back. 

That's when the house shook the first time. 

I grabbed onto the wall behind me, letting go of James. It felt like an earthquake and I looked at James. As soon as it stopped we tried to stand up straight, Lily came out of James' room down the hall and looked at us. 

"What just happened? Did you two start fighting again? I can feel you shake the whole hall" She tells us and I shake my head. 

"No that wasn't us, let's go check out downstairs" I say and they both nod. As I step onto the steps the house shakes again. I fall down the stairs and slide down them all, hitting my head and scrapping up my legs again. "OWWW" I yell out at I lay at the bottom as the house continues to shake. 

"Maddy! Are you alright?" James yells at me from the top of the steps, Harely runs towards me from the dining room. 

"What's happening? Why is the house shaking?" She asks me, helping me sit up slightly. James runs down the stairs and helps me as well. Order members were all standing up, wands ready and looking around. As the house stops shaking again I stand up again. 

"Look outside" Sirius says, him and Remus were standing by the front door, looking through the windows. With the help from the others I stand up and I look out the front window. What I saw made me scared. 

Edited and rewritten 11/13/20