chapter 55

Maddy's prospective

"Come on Liz, I know you don't like makeup but it's a wedding" Lily reminds Liz. Liz crosses her arms. 

"And you will say the same thing next week" Liz pouts, Lily rolls her eyes. 

"Next week is my wedding and next week Maddy will force you to wear makeup too. We made an agreement. Now come on" Lily tells her and Liz rolls her eyes again. Lily is able to put makeup on her and the door opens. I turn to face the door and James is standing there. 

He looked handsome, dress robes that were all black, a white flower pinned to his lapel. He looked directly at me, looked me up and down and his eyes watered a bit. 

"James, what wrong?" I ask him. I stand up from where I was sitting, and he walks over to me. I move the dress I was wearing so it wasn't all over the place. My dress was long, white, and had enough layers of lace around the skirt to drown in. No one could come within two feet of me, without almost stepping on the dress. I had long white gloves that went from my finger tips to my elbows, leaving my arms and shoulder bare as it was a strapless dress. 

"It's just" He pauses, grabbing my gloved hands. "I know at first I didn't want to do this, but I am glad you are. You deserve to be happy and you just look so beautiful. I know this isn't the wedding you dreamed of, you wanted Dad to walk you down the isle but I promise I will do my best" He tells me and I try not to cry. 

"James you're going to make me cry and I don't want to loose my makeup." I tell him laughing a bit. He laughs and smiles. The door opens again. 

"Hey you guys ready? The other bride is" Sirius says popping his head in. I nod and the girls finish up Liz's makeup. 

We all go out to the back of the chapel, Harely had walked into the chapel moments before, before I could see her. Remus walked her in, acting as the father. Then Lily and Rose walked in, then Rose and Sirius. Then James walked me in. As I walked in, arms linked with James, I see her. 

Standing at the front of the chapel, in a white dress with a beautiful smile and a gentle look on her face. She looked even more beautiful, if that was possible. Next to her was Lily, Rose and Liz. When we reach the front, James hands me over to Harely and takes his place next to me, Remus and Sirius behind him. I look directly into Harely's eyes and I can feel tears well up. I finally take a moment to see everyone who I passed, about ten people from the order, some neighborhood friends and Dumbledore and McGonagall. 

"Dearly beloved, ladies, gentlemen and those here in spirt we are here today to join these two lovely ladies in the union of their love. I understand they have written their own vows." We had an order member officiate our wedding. Harely looked at me, and then was handed a small piece of paper. 

"Maddy Potter, I met you so long ago but it still feels like yesterday. You are the love of my life, been with me since day one and I have loved you since then. You remind me that life can get better, that life can get worse but that I am never alone. I don't care how long we have left, I want to spend it with you. You are everything I have wanted in someone, smart, pretty, beautiful, kind, loving, funny, and just all around an amazing person. There isn't enough time in the world for me to say everything I love about you" Harely says reading from the paper. I smile and stare at her, trying not to let the tears spill over. I smile for a moment and turn to James, who hands me my small piece of paper. I unfold it and begin to read. 

"Harely, I love you so much. You are the person who choose to love me and who I could not help but fall for. You are the person who treats me right, makes me feel safe, makes me feel loved, makes me feel like getting out of bed every morning is worth it. There was a time long ago where I was sitting at the Gryffindor table, and an amazing girl walked up after being sorted. Everyone was yelling 'we got transfer we got transfer' but I couldn't help but see past that. Past the fact that you were new, past the fact that you were different. No all I saw was you and who you are, someone who I can't help but love. I saw someone who I thought was the most amazing person ever and I thought to myself 'this is the one' and I was right. You are the one, and I can't help but love you" I say and I let a few tears run down my face. Harely looks at me, wipes away a few tears with her hand and smiles. 

"Wonderful, now if anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace" No one says anything. "Good, now if we could have the rings." Sirius walks over to us and gives each of a ring. "Do you Harely take Maddy to be your wife, in sickness and health until death do you part?" 

"I do" She pulls off my glove and slips the ring onto my finger. 

"And do you Maddy take Harely to be your wife, in sickness and health until death do you part?" 

"I do" I slip the ring onto Harely's finger. 

"Wonderful. Now by the power vested in me, I pronounce you bounded in marriage. You may kiss the bride" And we kiss, and it feels like the first time again. Powerful, warm, gentle, loving, and everything that I need. 

"I love you so much" I whisper to Harely over the applause and happy cheers. 

"I love you more" She whispers back to me. 

Edited and rewritten 11/22/20