Chapter 32

Maddy's prospective

I pulled the cord on my back pack, I was trying not to fall at the same time. After I pulled the cord I felt rushes of wind and heat, after a count of 5 I threw the back pack off and up. I then jumped down, being caught by Liz and Harely. I turn around and see Rose on the ground as well, and then the bangs started. 

I looked up and saw what felt like millions of fire works exploding, they kept going off, the candles that float were falling. The sky was lit up by hundreds of colors, words flashed by once in a while. The words of course being 'Gryffindor rules, Slytherin sucks'

I looked at my friends, Harely was looking straight up, eyes sparkling with the reflection of the beautiful colors. Liz kept twirling, trying to see everything there was. Rose and Sirius were close together, I can't tell if they were holding hands or not. Remus however wasn't looking up or around, he was just looking at me. I smiled, winked at him and looked over at James. James was laughing and smiling, Lily was next to him and was frowning but it looked like she was trying to hide a smile. 

People were shouting and cheering, watching the display. The back packs we threw up kept producing the fireworks and then they exploded in a ball of golden sparks. That was the end of the fireworks. People clapped and cheered. The happiness didn't last very long. 

"Potters! Mr. Black and Mr. Lupin, Ms. Grey, Ms. Bering, and Ms. Blue! How dare you do that! Detention for a month!" McGonagall was yelling at us. She was walking down the great hall, everyone watching her. "Come with me all of you" She snapped and we followed her, James included. We couldn't stop smiling. We walked out of the hall with her and walked all the way to her classroom. "Sit" She commanded. We all sat in the desks we usually sat at. She stood in front of her desk and turned around to look at us. "Not next to each other" She sighs. 

"To be fair you didn't say where to sit" James says, trying not to laugh but the smile still taking over his face. 

"Potter" She sighs. 

"Yes" Both James and I reply. She stares us down as the 7 of us move to separate desks. 

"Not you Maddy I was talking to your brother. Why either of you manage to be the best yet worst students I have ever had is beyond my ability to understand" She sighs. She looks back up at us. "Alright, you all will not attend the feast this evening but instead eat in here. Once you are done eating you will stay here until I come to fetch you at the end of the feast. If you are caught outside of the room you will have an extra week of detention added" She tells us. She waves her wand a plate appears in front of the each of us. The plates were filled with Turkey, potatoes, rolls, some sort of vegetable and bottles of butter beer were next to the plate. 

"Woah" Sirius whispered. 

"Woah indeed Mr. Black. Welcome home you 7" She smiles and she starts to walk for the door but stops in front of me. "I'm sorry to hear about Ms. Wood. I knew her parents, taught her brother. She was a lovely girl. Let me know if you need anything" And she walks out the door. 

"Wow Minnie's being nice" Sirius says before he starts to dig in. 

"It's because of Maddy" Liz tells us as she starts to dig in as well. 

"What do you mean?" James asks her. 

"I mean my childhood best friend died, she knew who she was and knew her family. It's not uncommon knowledge that we were best friends, she's just feeling bad for me" I tell him pulling the top of the butter beer bottle off. I take a sip of it but don't touch my plate of food. After about 15 minutes James stands up. 

"Well I'm bored, who wants to come with me?" He says pointing to the door. 

"I'll go" Remus says standing up as well. Liz, Rose, and Sirius stand up. "You two coming?" Remus asks Harely and I. I shake my head. 

"Alright see you later than." James shrugs and they leave. 

"Are you not hungry?" Harely asks me. I look up at her, she was sitting across from me we both were short enough to swing our feet while we sat on the stools. 

"What?" I ask confused. She points to my plate full of food as she takes a drink from her butter beer. "No I'm not. We had snacks on the train and that was enough for me" she nods. "I'm sorry for snapping earlier" 

"It's fine. I'm just a bit worried about you, you haven't been the same since Arrow passed" She tells me and I nod. 

"Yeah sorry about that" She laughs a bit. 

"Don't be sorry, we all deal with death in different ways. I mean I moved her from another school at the beginning of second year because my dad died. I wanted a new start." She tells me shrugging. 

"I never knew about why you moved here" I admit. She shrugs yet again. 

"You never asked" And I laugh. 

"It's been a year to this day that we met" I tell her, just remembering. She stops for a moment. 

"Yeah I guess it is"  She smiles. It was later when the rest had not returned that McGonagall returned. 

"The rest of them left. Well you two are free to go, but Ms. Potter may I talk to you for a moment without Ms. Blue" I nod and tell Harely

"I'll meet you at the common room" She nods and leaves the room. 

"How are you doing my dear?" McGonagall asks me as the door shuts behind Harely. 

"I've been better Professor. Is there something you needed?" I ask her and she nods. 

"Professor Dumbledore wanted to speak to you but didn't have the time so he asked me to speak with you. Ms. Woods death as you know was not an accident. Dumbledore fears this is the start of something bigger, and he is worried about you and your brother. You know what truly happened and Dumbledore believes that you are all in the same amount of danger that Ms. Woods was." She tells me, and for the first time she looked worried. 

"Why are we apart of this? We aren't special" I am so confused. 

Edited and rewritten 10/19/20