Chapter 23

Maddy's prospective

Us girls laugh all the way back to the common room.

"Okay I have an idea since Gryffindor won how about a nice friendly game of truth?" I ask. Truth was a game where we all drank a simple truth potion and one person picked a card from the pile. The person would read it and we each had to answer it.

"Sounds good" Sirius says coming u from behind us and putting an arm around Harely. Harely smacked it away and hit Sirius in the face. "Point made" Sirius says rubbing his nose. So later we all gather in the boys dormitory and sit in a circle, Maddy and Harely next to each other, Rose on the other side of Harely, James next to Rose, Rose next to Sirius, Sirius next to Remus and Remus next to Maddy. "OK first question: What's your favorite color and why James you start" Sirius says.

"Green because it is the color of lily's eye" James says with no hint of embarrassment.

"Blue because it is the color of the sky"  Harely tells us.

"Red because it means death" Rose says. I see James and Harely scoot away a bit.

"Green because it reminds me of plants and how sweet nature can be" Remus says with a smile. 

"Blue like the color of the sky when the sun is rising" I say.

"Brown because it is the color of my awesome hair" Sirius says.

"Brown because it is someone's eye color" Liz says.

Liz's prospective 

"Okay oh this is a good one what is something that is not well known about you." Sirius asks. 

"I have a lot of siblings" I offer up. 

"I have this huge crush on Lily Evans" James says with a smile. 

"James we already knew about that" Rose tells him, James looks at her with a face of slight confusion. 

"Only because I just told you" he scoffs and she rolls her eyes. 

"Harely what about you" I ask her. She looks at her fingers for a moment before saying

"I think I'm bisexual. I think I like boys and girls" we all stay quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry I know that's bad I am sorry." She says and she begins to stand

"Where are you going?" Maddy asks her and Harely looks at her. "Don't go please" She says softly and Harely sits back down. Maddy puts her head on Harely's shoulder and Harely smiles softly. 

"I'm sorry if it's weird" Harely adds. 

"Harely, you've known us for about two months and you still haven't figured out that we are pretty weird?" I say laughing slightly and the others join. 

"Plus I have something weirder to confess" Remus says and all attention goes to him. "You guys have to promise not to tell anyone" Everyone nods. 

"Remus mate are you okay?" James asks him, and Remus nods. 

"I just have to tell you guys this if we will be friends any longer. I am a werewolf" He says and he doesn't look up at us. 

"Okay, and?" James asks and that made Remus look up. "Remus I've known since you and Maddy were talking back in first year, the morning after her nose got broken. Maddy told me to go back to sleep but I had been awake for an hour. I just was waiting for you to tell me for yourself" James says with a smile. 

"The night on the field, Maddy's memory got wiped but she was right in front of me and took all of it so mine didn't, I lied to cover for people but I never forgot" Harely reveals. 

"Scars in the shape of claws across your face and disappearing once a month on the full moon? Liz and I figured it out last year" Rose tells him. 

"Am I the only one who was so stupid that I never figured it out" Sirius asks and we all laugh. 

"So you don't hate me?" Remus asks hopeful. 

"Remus with everything we have been through as friends why would we hate you now?" Maddy asks and he nods. 

"I am just always scared that people will find out and reject me. No one really see werewolves as friendly creatures." Remus admits. 

"We don't see you as a werewolf, we see you as Remus Lupin the boy who folds his socks and has a different quill for different classes" Sirius jokes. 

"What do you guys see me as?" Maddy asks, she had closed her eyes and was just laying against Harely. 

"My sister, my best friend, a smart hot head who's good at quidditch" James says and she laughs. 

"Yeah what he said" Sirius adds. 

"I mean I think we all feel the same way about each other." Rose says. 

"I mean I'm sure we don't all feel the same way about each other" Remus mumbles. 

Remus' perspective

Was this going to be it? Was this going to be the moment that I told Maddy how I feel? I know Sirius liked her last year, but I have a crush on her. Just how smart she is, how pretty she is, how she is able to do almost anything. Her laugh and her smile, the way she holds herself I just love her so much. How could you not love her. I was sitting right next to her but she was leaning onto Harely, if I wanted to I could kiss her now. She sits for a moment and I took that as my chance. 

Harely's perspective

I saw Remus looking at Maddy so pinched her side and she sat up. Remus then started to lean into her and I think I made a mistake pinching her side. 

James' perspective

It felt like everything was going in slow motion. Maddy had sat up suddenly and Remus was leaning in close to her. 

Rose's perspective

Remus kept getting closer to Maddy, closer and closer until they kissed. I wasn't the only one who gasped or was really surprised. 

Sirius' perspective

I didn't like Maddy anymore but damn Remus. Why was he kissing her, she doesn't like him. Or does she?

Maddy's perspective

I didn't want this. I don't want this. Why is he kissing me? What do I do? What was going to happen? Someone who I saw as a brother was way too close to me and I am not sure what to do anymore. 

Edited and rewritten 10/6/20