chapter 38

James's prospective

Maddy walks in. This was the end of the month that she had to hold the leaf in her mouth. She had a better time then we did, we almost spit it out several times, she however was able to hold it under her tongue even when talking. We were waiting for Harely to show up, she was doing it with Maddy. 

"Still got the leaf in your mouth?" Remus asks Maddy and she lifts up her tongue to show the leaf still in there. "Amazing, said the incantation?" 

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus" She chants. There's a knock on the door and Harely walks in. 

"Ah started without me then?" Harely jokes and she closes the door and stands beside Maddy.

"Not at all babe" Maddy kisses Harely. 

"Okay well it's been 31 days exactly. So you can both put the leaves into the potion and then we can wait for them to brew and we should have lighting tonight. Until them remember to chat the incantation again and then meet back here tonight" Remus smiles and I grab Harely's hand and we walk out of the room. We walk to my room and close the door. 

"So how are you?" I ask her as I go to sit on my bed. She sits next to me and she takes off her shoes. I flop backwards and she smiles and rolls her eyes. 

"I'm alright. My mom already said I could sleep over tonight so we should be alright. I'm kind of excited to see what we can turn into. What do you think you'll be?" She asks me and I laugh, she had asked me this about a million times already. She kept looking back at me, smiling. 

"Well for about the millionth time my answer is still a cat, but because James' is a deer I might be a doe because we are siblings." I tell her and she laughs. 

"Well your patronus was a kitten so maybe you could be a kitten" She tells me. She lays down next to me, I look at her at I look into her eyes. Her smile was soft, her eyes sparkled, and she just looked amazing to me. I put my hand on the side of her head and I kissed her softly. She kisses me back and she pulls me close. I shift so I am on top of her and I continue to kiss her. Then the door opens. 

"My bad Maddy, wait Harely!" We pull away and see Liz and Rose standing in the doorway. 

"What is happening here?" Rose asks us. I smack my face with my hand. 

"We forgot to tell them" I tell Harely. In the month since we started dated we didn't see the girls at all. Liz had gone to America to visit family and Rose was grounded for accidental magic use. Luckily it wasn't bad enough that the ministry got involved. But she was still grounded for a month. 

"Oh you're right" Harely tells me. The girls walk into the room more. 

"How did this happen? One of you needs to explain this to us right now" Liz asks, they both walk over and sits on the bed. 

"Well we went on some dates and we've been dating for a month now" Harely tells them both. 

"Why didn't you tell us? You could have sent a letter or something! I can't believe you both are dating" Rose was a bit excited. "Anything else you aren't telling us?" She asks, I look at Harely. Did we dare tell them about our plans to be Animagus? Or should we kept that a secret too. 

"We're going to be animagus" Harely blurts out. Oh okay so we are telling them. 

"The fuck?" Liz asks us, we all look at her. "Sorry I spent too much time with my cousins" She laughs a bit. 

"SO when were you going to tell us this?" Rose asks. I shrug and laugh a bit. "You guys should keep us updated a bit more" 

"Okay so do you guys want to spend the night and watch us maybe mess up something so important that we could be half human half animals for the rest of our days?" I offer up. 

"Why not, I'm free" Liz shrugs. 

"Okay but can Harely and I have a moment to finish what we were doing?" I ask looking at Harely and winking. 

"Oh gross" Rose yells. I grab onto Harely and tackle her back to the bed. 

Maddy's perspective

It was later that night that we went out in the back yard. It was raining and we heard the thunder booming. The wind was whipping us around and whipping our hair around so we could half see. 

"Alright this is the important part" Remus yells. James and Sirius give Harely and I our potions. "You have to drink it before the lighting stops" And we chug them both. I felt my heart beating fast and like everything was going to go wrong. 

"Let's get back inside now!" James yells at us. We run inside and back up to my room. "Did it work?" James asks us. 

"How are we supposed to know?" Harely asks panting. 

"Okay so I felt like my heart was going to explode and I felt like something else was happening inside of me" Sirius explains. 

"Yeah I feel that" Harely says and she closes her eyes to breathe. In the blink of an eye she was gone and in her place, a little golden retriever. 

"No way!" Liz yells. I close my eyes and suddenly I am on the ground. I lift up my hand to see a small paw, I was black cat. 

"She's a cat!" Rose announces. Harely was right. I close my eyes and I'm back standing up and so is Harely. 

"It worked" I hug Harely. 

"I knew you would be a cat" She smiles. 

Again it was the next morning that something of course had to go wrong. We were in the back yard again, checking out the damages from the storm. I lost sight of the others, we were in the forest behind our house when I heard someone scream. I look around. 

"Is everyone okay?" I yell and no one answers me. "Guys? Harely?" I call out, again no answer. "Harely! James! Remus! Sirius! Liz! Rose!" I yell out. 

"Maddy help us!" Someone called out to me. I run towards the yell and I see someone grabbing onto Harely and then disappear. I feel my heart drop, where did they go?

Edited and rewritten 10/22/20