Chapter 42

Maddy's perspective

Liz and Rose took the guest bed room that night because they still smelt like smoke. Remus and Sirius took the other guest bed room for some "alone time" and James went to his room. Harely and I climbed back into my bed after shutting off the tv. We lay there cuddling for a few minutes before Harely muttered something about it being too quiet. She got up, turned on my record player and then laid back down with me. 

"So how was your day? We spent the whole day together and in your opinion how was the day?" I ask her. She smiles and turns to face me instead of me spooning her. 

"It was fun. It was fun to meet every officially because at your party years back I truly didn't get to meet everyone. And then it was interesting to see you with the guy who I haven't heard of. Then the game was fun and dinner with your parents was fun as always, your dad is funny" She smiles. 

"What do you mean 'to see you with the guy who I haven't heard of' that kinda sounds like you're jealous" I ask her and she sighs. 

"I know it's a bad habit of mine. It's just, I haven't heard of this guy before but you see him and you go running up to him and he hugs you too and you talk about stuff and then you leave waving goodbye without explaining who that was or how you knew him" She tells me. I look at her, was she really saying this right now. 

"Are you serious?" I ask her. She shakes her head and laughs. "Do not make a pun about Sirius's name. You know what I mean. You don't need to be jealous" I tell her, and she frowns. 

"Who is he then? How do you know him?" She asks me. She looked me dead in the eyes, not smiling one bit, it felt like I was being questioned for murder. 

"I thought the other girls told you already" I say confused. Kenna had mentioned once we got to the pitch that she told Harely who Harris was. So what was the deal now?

"I want to hear it from you" She says in a kind of sharp tone. 

"He's Arrow's brother Harely. Like for Merlin and all that is holy it's not that big of a thing" I tell her and she sits up.

"Not that big of a thing? Maddy you ran up to this random boy, hugged him, talked to him and then said nothing to me" She raised her voice slightly, I couldn't tell if it was because of the record player seemed to be getting louder and she wanted me to hear her or if she was getting seriously angry. I sit up. 

"Harely it was my dead best friends brother" I tell her, trying not to get angry but having a hard time keeping my composer. 

"So? My dad was my best friend but you don't see me all over my uncle" She snaps crossing her arms. 

"You are not really comparing Arrow's death to your dads are you?" I accused her. We had one solid rule, we don't compare the bad things we have gone through to what others have gone through. It wasn't just an us rule it was a group rule. 

"Yes I am. Because you know what I lost my dad, but you seem to forget that. It's all about Arrow this, Arrow that. Before that party no one had even heard of her and since that party she is all you ever talk about." She tells me and I get out of the bed. "And where are you going?" She asks me. She stands up out of the bed too. 

"Away from you. I don't need to deal with this right now" I snap at her and she grabs my wrist. "Harely I swear if you do not let go of me" I hiss at her. 

"Or what? You'll go off? You'll lock yourself in your room? You'll pout? What will you do?" She asks me. My wrist seems to burn red hot and I try to pull away. "What's going to happen Maddy?" She asks me. 

"Ow let go of me!" I yell at her, and she realizes what is happening and lets go. The others must have heard me yell because James, Liz and Rose run into my room, they look around to see if there's any danger around. 

"Are you guys okay?" James asks me and I nod. 

"We're fine. Harely was just holding onto my wrist a bit tight without realizing it. We're okay, you can go back to your rooms" I tell them and after looking around once more they leave. I shut the door behind them and wait a minute, both of us not talking. 

"Look Maddy" Harely starts but I open up the door so she stops. 

"I'll be in the kitchen" I tell her and I walk out of the room to go to the kitchen. When I come back Harely isn't in the room. I go and look in James' room, he's asleep. Sirius and Remus' room, both asleep. Liz and Rose's room there's Harely asleep on the bed next to them. I close the door and go back to my room. Falling asleep alone for the first time in a while. 

Next morning at breakfast mom and dad kissed us goodbye before going to a meeting with Dumbledore. They charmed the house and we weren't to leave it before they got back. 

Breakfast was quiet after they left, my wrist had a burn mark from where Haley's hand was, I assume it was accidental magic in the 'heat' of the moment, Remus had seen my wrist earlier this morning and asked if I was okay. I told him that I was fine and that it didn't hurt, I may have lied but I didn't want to say it hurt in front of Harely. Harely was currently across the table from me, not looking at me. 

"Pass the salt" Harely didn't pass the salt. Sirius tried to pass the salt as far as he could. "Thanks" I stand up and reach for it, and in that moment Remus taps my wrist. "Bollocks Remus" I snap at him. 

"So it does hurt" He says looking at my wrist, that caused Harely to look up.

"No I'm fine" I tell him. 

Edited and rewritten 10/24/20