Chapter 29

James's prospective

I go to Maddy's room and hear loud music. I knock on the door but the music doesn't stop. I knock louder and the music goes louder. I sigh

"Maddy you have to come out" I yell through the door, the door was locked and she still had the charm on her door. I pound on the door. "COME ON" I yell and the music lowers. 

"No I don't" She yells back. The door swings open Maddy stands there, in a tink top and shorts, it was too hot for her to wear her normal sweater and jeans. She crosses her arms at me, and when she does I see the scars that she had from crashing into the shed, and the time she was attacked by the wolf on the grounds. 

"Come on Maddy, come out of your room or let us in" I call, the music was still blaring loudly, she moved out of sight. The music stops.

"Oh ya bite me" And she was back into my sight. "Rose told me that I was being a baby for being drowned" 

"Maddy it was an accident. No one meant to drown you" I tell her and she scoffs. 

"It wasn't an accident if you purposely drag someone under and then tell them they are being over dramatic about almost dying. Then tells you to stop being a baby" She snaps, her tone was sharp, it reminded me of when dad was mad. She got those jeans, while I got mom's loving side. Maddy was always ready for battle, I was ready to fix the damages. 

"Okay what if she says sorry? Well that make you feel better? We're worried" I ask her and she rolls her eyes. 

"It's a little late James, and you didn't seem too worried about me when you left me voicemails of you having fun without me and then you stayed an extra few days without me" And she slams the door in my face. 

 I walk downstairs and sit at the table shaking my head. Sirius and Liz were there, both basically living here this summer, both with families not too excited for them to be back home. Remus, Rose and Harely were here again too, they left when they were needed back home and came back here when they weren't. We did something similar last summer but with Lily joining us then, this summer she said she didn't want to get caught up in the madness. 

"James it has been 3 days since we got back, if she is only going to come out when it is Hogwarts time then we won't see her for two months" Liz says.

"I'm trying. Mom and Dad respect her choice and we can't use magic outside of school" I say. The front door opened and Dad walked in. 

"I'm home" He calls and he sees us at the table. He smiles softly than frowns, he hears the music from upstairs. "No luck huh?" I shake my head. "Well I have news that she needs to hear so I'm pulling her out of her room" He tells us and walks upstairs, the music shuts off and Maddy walks down with dad, she was wearing a light sweater now. Maddy sits next to me and Harely. Our dad pulls up a chair and sits next to me on my other side. 

"What's up dad? Is something wrong?" I ask him. He was looking at the table, not quite looking at us. 

"I'm waiting for your mother to get here" He tells us. "While we wait I am actually going to make a cup, anyone want one?" He says standing up. 

"I'll take one" Maddy says raising her hand slightly. She looks like she had been crying. 

"I think we should all have a cup" Remus tells us and we nod. 

"Maddy listen, I'm sorry" Rose tells her and Maddy shrugs. "What's wrong?" Rose adds. Maddy crosses her arms and shrugs. 

"I got a letter" She says simply, dad who was in kitchen which was attached to the dining room where we sat looked over at her. 

"From who?" He asks. She shrugs and starts crying. Harely immediately grabs on to her and Maddy curls herself into Harely as she start bawling her eyes out.  Dad walks fully into the dining room in front of Maddy. "So you know then?" He asks and Maddy nods through the tears. 

"Dad what does she know?" I ask him and he turns back to me. "What's going on?" I ask him, he put one hand on my shoulder and bends to my level. 

"We found Arrow today. We found her dead. She was killed and so was her baby" I feel my heart slightly shatter, Arrow was one of our closest friends, her baby was supposed to be born in a few months, the baby was supposed to be named after us. 

"No, no that's not true. She was fine a week ago, her and her baby were fine" I tell him and he shakes his head. "Why are you involved in this?" I ask him, tears building in my eyes. 

"We think it's because of this man who's trying to take over our world. He is trying to create an army and destory anyone who comes in his way. It was to be believe that Arrow was carrying a baby that was to be stronger than this man" He tells me and I throw his arm off of me.

"Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you keep her safe? Why didn't you bring her here, she would be safe here" I yell at him, standing up. 

"Because James, it would put all of you in danger. She was in a safe place" He tells me and I push him away from me. 

"Not safe enough" I snap at him, and the front door opens. Our mom walked in, looked at us and looked at my dad. 

"They know then?" She asks him and he nods. Maddy was still crying into Harely. 

"Arrow" She sobbed quietly. 

Edited and rewritten 10/17/20