chapter 52

Maddy's perspective

The sky that was moments before full of grey clouds and snow falling was pitch black. There was sparks flying everywhere, they stood out against the black. 

"Death Eaters" Someone mumbled behind me and my heart sank. When we were gone we were told that Tom Riddle's army was called Death Eaters. And then I saw them. Flying on broom sticks and shooting at the shield around our house. 

The house shook a third time and we all saw it happen, the shield went down. As soon as it did they started flying towards the house, shooting spells. 

"Everyone get down now!" I yell at the top of my lungs, grabbing Harely and James and pulling them down. We hit the floor as the windows broke, the door burst open. I looked up and saw that Remus had pulled down Sirius, Lily being pulled down by James. Order members were either far back or they also went down with us. I looked at Harely and she was looking at Remus and Sirius. I looked over at them and saw Remus pulling glass off of Sirius, who was covered in cuts and looked to be knocked out. 

"Remus" Harely said softly and Remus looked up at us, panic and teary eyed. He was half sitting up, ignoring the fact that he was kneeling on broken glass. As we looked at them, order members ran out the front door and started firing back. 

"I don't know if he's okay, I pulled him down but not in time. He got hit with a spell and got a face full of glass. I don't know what happened." Remus said. I saw it before he did, I pulled out my wand before anyone else did, I shot at it before it hit him. I barely had time to think before the fire started spreading. Whatever they shot at us turned into a hot haze that began to fill our whole house. 

"We have to get out now!" I yell at my friends. James grabbed my arm.

"Maddy we can't go out there" he tells me, and I think for a moment. Go out into the danger or stay in here and risk catching fire. 

"James we can't stay here. Let's go now. Help Remus with Sirius, I'll help get Harely and Lily out" I tell him and with a bite of his lip James nods. I grab Lily and Harely and pull them out through the front door. We walk away from the house, through the snow and around to the edge of the yard. We duck behind some bushes and I look at them both. 

"Are you two alright?" Lily asks me and I nod. All the pain that I was in was being ignored due to the rush of whatever was happening. I look at Harely and she nods. 

"Are you alright" I ask her and a spell misses my head. I duck down more until I am almost laying in the snow. 

"Yeah I'm alright, where are the boys?" Lily asks me and I look around and I didn't see them. My heart races even more, did they make it out? I don't see them through the broken window, but I don't seem them outside either. 

"I don't know. We have to help" Harely breathes out. Lily looks scared. 

"Lily we need to. They can't take all these people out by themselves. We need to help, if we don't more bad things could happen. Listen when we're done, we meet right back here. No matter where you end up, we meet right back here. If I don't make it" I start

"Don't even say it Maddy Potter" Harely says, eyes watering. I pull her close to me for a brief moment. She was warm like always and she smelt of vanilla. 

"If I don't make it, make sure to tell the boys and the other girls that I love them both okay? I will see you both on the other side of this" I smile. I push myself off the ground with my wand in my hand. 

Lily's perspective

Maddy runs off, in the aid of others. I look around, it was so dark in the sky but the snow was still bright white, giving off light. The fire was still burning in the house, the boys still no where to be seen. 

"I can't fight, I just can't. I need to try and find James, find Sirius and Remus." I tell Harely and she nods. She stands up and she runs in the other direction that Maddy did. I crawl around, dodging spells and trying not to be seen. I look for anything that would point me in the direction of the boys, but nothing helped. There was blood everywhere but I couldn't tell who's it was. It glistened and taunted me against the white snow. 

Then I saw it, a messy of black hair, hiding behind a bush. I stand up and I make a break for it, running as fast as I could, crashing into the bush and there was James, Remus and Sirius. I crash into James' arms. 

"Lily" he gasps and he gives me a hug. His hands were covered in blood but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything other than he was alive. They were alive. "Help us with Sirius, you must know something. Help Sirius, I need to go out and fight but please help" James tells me and he tries to stand up and I hold him down. 

"James I can't let you do that, you could be killed out there. I can't loose you. I love you" I felt the words escape my lips, that was the first time I had ever said that to him. He looks me dead in the eyes, through cracked glasses and blood. 

"I love you too, but I have to help. I'll be okay" He tells me and I nod. He runs off and I look back down at Sirius, Remus sobbing next to him. 

"Remus he'll be okay, I promise. We'll be okay, we'll all be okay." I tell him and he nods. I start pulling out my wand and doing spells to try and fix Sirius as best as I could. We sit there, Remus sobbing and holding his hand, the sound of shouts, screams and cries ring in the air. Then like it had started, all at once it stopped. The sky turned back to grey, it started to snow again and the world went quiet. 

I thought I died. 

That was until Sirius sat up suddenly, gasping for air. Remus latched onto him and Sirius latched back. I looked around, the death eaters were gone, it was just us again. People laid on the ground, bleeding, crying, in pain and some weren't even moving anymore. I stand up and I run to the middle of the field, looking around. No James, No Maddy, No Harely. 

"James! Maddy! Harely!" I call out, no response. "James! Maddy! Harely!" I look around again, I'm spinning in circles trying to find them. 

"Lily!" I turn and Maddy is running towards me, covered in blood and tears. She latches onto me and I latch on to her. 

"Maddy!" We let go to see Harely, and Maddy runs towards her. They hug and I'm still looking for James. Then a pair of arms grab me and I turn to see James, smiling at me. 

"James" I cry and hug him. We stand there for a moment. Then a moment later I hear footsteps and I turn to see Remus and Sirius standing next to us. 

"I'm glad you are all alright" Maddy tells us and pulls us all into a hug. We latch onto each other. "Wait, where's mom and dad" She asks and she breaks away. She looks around, and doesn't see them. She then turns towards the fire filled house and her face falls. 

"Maddy no!" James yells and lunges for her. It's too late she was running towards the house. But then, in a spilt moment everything seems to stop, like someone had paused the world. 

Then it started again

And it started with a bang. 

And the bang, was the house crashing down, with the only family James and Maddy had known inside of it. 

Edited and rewritten 11/13/20