chapter 19

Maddy's perspective

"So we still have to get to class today" Liz reminds us. 

"Liz you sound like Lily" Rose complains. Liz punches her arm. We make it to the portrait hole. 

"Boiling pot" I say and the fat lady shook her head. 

"I'm sorry dear that's not correct" She tells me. Liz looks at me. 

"The password changed like a week ago, are you alright?" Liz asks. I nod and put my hand to my head. 

"Yeah I just feel like I am forgetting stuff. Like I can't remember anything from last night expect playing chess with Harely" I admit. 

"You didn't play chess with Harely you played cards last night. It was after we stole Remus' chocolate." Rose tells me. 

"Yeah you don't remember? It was after dinner. We had shepards pie for dinner" Harely tells me. I look at her. 

"Oh. Do you remember what happened last night? I can't remember how we got on to the field last night but we were outside" I ask Harely. 

"You don't remember? Remus came up to us trying to get his chocolate, and then a wolf appeared. You ran in front of me, you got hurt and Remus ran to get a teacher. Then we were brought in" Harely told me. I nod and try my best to remember. 

"Ring Hand" Rose tells the fat lady and she swings open. 

"I don't remember. I don't know I think I just need to take a day off" I say as we walk inside. Remus was walking in the other direction. 

"Hey girls" He says just passing by. I smile weakly. Liz stops next to him so I do too. 

"Hello" I mumble tired myself. Liz starts talking to him about something as I just look around the common room, on the table was a game of cards half done. So we were playing cards. 

"Hi I have a question" Remus says. I was still staring at the cards. "Maddy" I turn to see the girls and Remus looking at me. 

"Well we'll leave you two alone, Maddy just take it easy today, we'll get your homework for you" Rose says putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"See you later" Harely tells me. Liz gives a little wave. Remus walks over to a table and I sit next to him. 

"How are you?" He asks me. 

"I mean I can't remember things that well. And now I have scars across my stomach to go with my other scars" I tell him and he frowns. "It's alright. Did you get away from the wolf okay?" I ask him and he gives me an odd look. 

" Do you know where I go every month" He asks.

 "To see your mom who is sick right" I ask. He nods but he doesn't smile.

Remus's prospective

So Maddy doesn't remember I am a werewolf. Maddy was the only one who truly knew, other than the teachers. I feel bad for what I do remember from last night. 

The girls had taken my chocolate and ran outside with it. I didn't realize that the moon was rising when we went out there, I thought I had more time. The last thing I remember was Maddy jumping in front of Harely before everything goes blank. This morning I woke up in the hospital wing, with Harely and Maddy in beds with no one by their side. I saw Rose and Liz both asleep in the common room, probably waiting for the other two to return. I woke Liz, told her what happened and she and Rose went to the hospital wing. I managed to get up to my dorm, shower get dressed and grab my bag without waking up the boys. I ate breakfast and came back up to see if the girls were back yet.

I look up at Maddy and she was falling asleep leaning against her hand. 

"Maddy?" I ask her and she sits up, looks up, and opens her eyes. I laugh a little bit. "Maybe you should go up to bed. You seem out of it and tired" I tell her and she nods, we both stand up and she gives me a hug. 

"Thanks Remus, I'll see you later" And I watch her climb the stairs until she is out of sight. I make my way to class before the bell and I sit next to James, Sirius on his other side and the girls in front of us, in their own conversation. 

"Hey where's Maddy? I thought she was with you" James asks me. I turn to him but don't say anything. "Did something happen? Is she alright?" That got Sirius' attention. 

"What happened? To who?" Sirius asks me and the girls turn around and look at me. 

"Everything's fine. Maddy is fine, last night Maddy and Harely where on the field and a wolf came out of no where, they are both fine but Maddy is tired and a bit out of it so she's in our dorm and she's taking the day off" Liz explains and James looks at me. 

"Wait weren't you out there too? What did you do?" James says in a slightly accusing tone. 

"He didn't see the wolf in time but he ran and got us help" Harely explains and I nod, trying to think of why Harely would be covering for me? Or is that what she truly believes? Who told her that story?  Harely looks at me and smiles softly. "Thank you for going to get help" 

"You're welcome" I smile and class began so we all faced forward. All day the teachers gave us Maddy's homework without even asking where she is. Word might have spread to the teachers about what happened. It defiantly had with the students, when the smartest kid in the class just disappears for no reason, people talk. The rumors spread from something close to the truth to dragons.  

"I'm going to go check on Maddy, see how she's doing" Liz says during break. We were just in a hallway, sitting on a couple benches, it was getting chilly outside to the point where it was frosty in the mornings. Liz leaves James, Rose, Sirius, Harely and I alone and we don't talk for a moment. 

"So there's a dance soon" Rose tells us. I look at her.

"We just had one last year why are we having another one this year?" I ask. 

"Dumbledore says he wants it to become a fun tradition" Harely tells us. 

"Liz already has a date, a muggleborn named Ethan. He's a hockey player" Rose says giggling a bit. 

"What in Merlins name is Hockey" Sirius asks. 

Edited and rewritten 10/2/20