chapter 39

Maddy's perspective

I run through the forest still trying to see if anyone else was still here. I couldn't see anyone, I kept running through until I tripped over something. I sit up and brush the dirt off my hands. I look to see what I tripped over, expecting some sort of tree branch but instead I saw James' wand. The wand that I used when I couldn't find mine, the wand I used when James grabbed mine, the wand I saw charm about a million things to piss off people. 

"Where did they go?" I ask no one. James' wand floats out of my hand floats pointing to the west. Was this showing me where they went? I stand up and the want moves with my hand. I walk a bit to my left and the wand still points in the other direction. I run into the house, wand still following my hand. I grab my backpack with a few things in it, bandages, food, and a device that I created while in France, after I was kidnapped the first time. 

It scans whoever is in the room and contacts whoever is able to help them. For me and my friends it would be our parents. It tells them where we are, that we are in danger and how bad we are in trouble. 

I go out to the shed and grab a spare broom, it was an old one that we didn't use anymore. I wanted to ride a broom that I don't care if it gets ruined. 

James's prospective

I open my eyes to pitch black. 

"Hello" I cough, I try and stand up but my head hurts and I feel like I'm floating.

"What happened" Liz asks from somewhere to my right. 

"Oh Liz! Liz can you see anything? I can't see"

"No I can't? Where are we?" She asks me. I hear movement and I feel a hand on my arm, I jump. "It's me" She tells me. 

"Does anyone know" Remus asks from somewhere on my left. 

"All I know is we were at your house, someone grabbed me and then I blacked out" Rose says from behind me. 

"Same" That was Sirius and he sounded behind me as well. 

"Okay guys try coming near me" I say and soon I felt a hand on my back, on my left arm and a hand on my shoulder. I still couldn't see anything. "Okay is every here? Where's Maddy?" 

"And where is Harely" Sirius asks. A high pitched scream sounds through the ceiling.

"I don't know" Harely cries.

"That's where Harely is" I say. Then there is loud crashes and the door opens, blinding us with the sudden light and Harely is thrown in, all bloody and bruised.

"You are worthless aren't you?" A voice says and it shuts the door but leaves a little window in the door open, we can barely see anything. 

"Harely" We all scream. Rose and Liz starts to try and stop the bleeding.

"Something is wrong" Sirius says then there was a loud bang. "Is Maddy up there?" 

Maddy's prospective

I crash through the window like a boss. Okay so maybe I didn't stick the landing but whatever I was here because the wand had gone from pointing in front of me to pointing down. I see a man throw Harely down the stairs. Okay so I know I am in the right place. There was an echo of someone's voice

"Wrong, wrong ,wrong" That was Sirius! I would have never thought I would be glad to hear his voice. Okay what to do now.

"Ah look's like the smallest potter has joined us" A voice says. I turn to see Regulus black staring at me. I am about to say something when he puts a finger to his lips. I stay quiet as a voice says "Search her" I feel my bag being taken off.

"Watch it" I yell as a pair of arms grabs my arms and pins them against my back. I couldn't move my way out of this one

"Just some bandages and bread" Regulus lies. What the heck is going on, I didn't have any bread or anything. And James' and my wand were in my bag too. I get thrown down the stairs to the cellar face first so my face scarps half way. I feel my bag being thrown on top of me. I look up to see my friends all around Harely.

"What no welcome for me" I ask. The turn to me in disbelief.

"That was you upstairs." Remus asks.

"I crashed through the window like a boss." I say falling to the ground from blood loss.

"Maddy you ok" James says as he rushes to me. I see Harely and I wanted to cry. She can't die I needed to tell her at least one more time that I love her. 

"Look in my bag, Harely I love you" I say before I black out.

Liz's perspective 

Harely was now awake but Maddy was out cold.

"Guys, she has lost to much blood and something has cut the back of her neck, she-she might not make it" Remus says checking Maddy. 

"The bag, see what she has in the bag" Sirius says. All the found where bandages at first.

"That isn't enough" Remus says. Then we both saw a button. Rose pulls out a button that says 'push me' and she pushed it pushed it.

"Parents of Liz Bering, Rose Grey, Harely Blue, Remus Lupin, James, Maddy and Sirius potter have been notified" The things says out loud.

"What the heck" Sirius says. We sat in silence waiting, the button was beeping slightly. Remus was trying to help Maddy and James was helping Harely, both with the bandages that were in the bag. 

Was this it? Was this how we lose Maddy for good? Is this what was going to happen every time we try to do something? What did the button do? Was someone coming to help us?

There was several loud bangs and someone came running down the stairs, Mr. potter.

"Kids" He says as the door bangs open. he sees Maddy, picks her up and runs, James follows helping Harely slightly. We run up the stairs, past the bodies of people wearing masks, ministry workers standing about them wands still out. It is hours later that we are in Saint Mungos, Remus and James still blood on their hands hands that a doctor comes out.

"Potters" He says. Mr and Mrs. Potter and all the us stand up.  "She will"

Edited and rewritten 10/23/20