Chapter 43 (Rewrite)

Once I returned to the church, I shoved the three bottles of holy water into my bag and headed back to the hell house. I parked in the driveway and headed inside the house. I slowly shut the door and quietly tiptoed up the stairs, trying not to bring attention to myself. "Someone's home," Axel's voice sang across the hall. I looked to see him exiting his room.

"Are you okay?" he eyes me suspiciously. "Yeah. I just needed to clear my head," I lie. He nods his head. "Well, you'll be pleased to know that while you left, Lucifer has to attend the office," he states. I walk into my room with him trailing behind me.

"When did he leave?" I asked, dropping the bag by the closet. I stripped from my outside clothes in front of Axel, whose eyes glanced towards the closet and then back to me. He narrowed his eyes to me, "What did you buy?"

"Just girl stuff," I smiled, grabbing an oversized t-shirt from the drawer before putting it on. "Uh huh," his tone came out unconvinced. I looked towards him to see him studying me as he eyed me from the doorway, leaning against the frame. We stared at each other for a few seconds before overwhelming sadness hit me. It was as if everything had caught up to me. Turning away I walked into my bathroom and shut the door before turning the pipe on full pressure. 

I felt my breathing pick up pace along with my heartbeating face. I gripped the sink as I was now feeling incredibly hopeless. I thought I was doing fine. I thought I was getting better. 

A hand swiftly turned me around and pulled me into their chest. Just by the scent, I could tell it was Axel. "It's okay. You're fine," he softly whispered as his fingers passed through my hair. After a few seconds, I pulled away and looked up at him to see a soft smile on his lips. 

"I want you to be honest with me," I breathed out as my breath was rapid. "I'll always be honest with you."

I went to talk again but couldn't. What's wrong with me?

He quickly cupped my face, "Nothing is wrong with you. I believe you're having an anxiety attack. I'm taking you to the hospital right now," he rushed out as he grabbed my hand and guided me out of the bathroom. 

I shook my head, "No." I forced out, causing him to look at me. Please.

He let out a sigh of defeat and walked over to me. He then leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you but you are the most stubborn human ever," he whispered before kissing me again. I kissed him before he gently pulled away. Within a quick motion, he picked me where my arms wrapped around his shoulders and my legs around his waist. I gave him a questioning look, and he chuckled. 

"Don't worry; I'm not taking you to Pound-town. I'm not going to let you go until you feel better."

I gave him a thankful smile as I laid my head on his shoulder. Maybe Pound-town next time. Axel chuckled again as he read my mind. "I wouldn't mind that." 

Axel spent the next hour walking around the house with me in his arms, kissing me and reminding me that everything would be okay. Eventually, we settled in the living room, and I sat on the couch next to Axel and decided to play some video games. After some time, Axel went to use the bathroom as I put on a random movie.

"SKYLAR!" my name boomed through the house, causing me to flinch and scream. I swear my body just took a screenshot. I sat up on the couch and turned around while on my knees to see Axel with his black eyes holding up my back.

"What the fuck is this?" he growled and opened the bag revealing the stuff I had got from Crystal.

"Just art supplies," I blurted out. Art supplies? Really Sky?

"Sky, so help me. Do not lie to me!" Axel warned. I let out a sigh, "It was to torture Lucifer. He got me so mad, and I just hate when he fucks up my plans. It's like I'm trapped, and there's no escaping, and every time I do escape, he somehow finds me," I yelled in anger.