Chapter 47 (Rewrite)

"You got everything," James asked for the hundredth time as I threw the bag into the car's back seat. Instead of implementing the plan last night, we decided it was best to start in the morning. We all ate breakfast and talked briefly with my brothers before packing into the car. 

The plan was to fake my death. I would pretend to drive off a cliff by Lucifer's house, and the car would be totaled as it crashed into the rocks by the water. My brothers, Henry and Jayson, were taking a pill Axel gave them. In doing so, it would mask their mind when Lucifer shows up around them and eavesdrops on their mind; he wouldn't be able to know the truth. Henry and Jayson would be in charge of the autopsy and making my suicide look real.

"Yes, and thank you again for everything you've done," I hugged him one last time. He wrapped me in a tight hug. "I just wish I wasn't so hard on you," he mumbled into my hair. "You just thought it was for the best. It is not your fault," I said as we pulled away.

We said our goodbyes, and I hopped in the driver's seat. James stood along with the guys. They all gave a small smile and waved. "Ready," Axel asked. I nodded my head, and in a blink, I looked out to the sun. We were on the cliff by Lucifer's house.

I got out of the car, and so did Axel. I took the bag out of the car that had my clothes and cash. Within a blink, was a dead body in the driver's seat, and I almost screamed. It was a girl with the same brownish hair as mine and wearing my clothes. "Should I ask?" I spoke, referring to why the girl was dead.

"She was one of our enemies, and I got your clothes from your closet," he stated as he strapped her in. Her body still looked fresh, which was kind of disturbing and creepy. He slammed the door shut and turned to me.

"Ethan landed you a house in Iceland. It's quiet over there and beautiful," he eagerly said, which excited me. He then pushed the car off the cliff with one hand, and a loud crash echoed.

He quickly grabbed my hand, and I found myself in a kitchen within a blink.

"This is the kitchen of your house," he casually spoke, filling up a glass with water. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ziploc with a red and green pill then passed it to me. It would help me to hide my scent and mind from Lucifer. "Take this in about 3 minutes. I will be back when I can. He offered a smile.

I tackled him with a hug. "Thank you," I mumbled into his chest as he wrapped me in a hug. Anything for you," he muffled into my hair. We both pulled away. "Take care of yourself and count two minutes when I'm gone," he smiled.

"I will," I smiled back before he disappeared. I started counting my 2 minutes.

A tear slipped down my cheek as I stared at the two pills in my hand. Giving up everything just to be free for a month seemed questionable when I let myself overthink it, but I was desperate. I needed a way to get out, and this was the only way. As skeptical as I became about this plan, Axel seemed to know his way around everything, which gave me a sense of peace knowing it would work.

I threw the pills in my mouth and swallowed them down with a gulp of water. I felt my body tingling and my insides hurting like crazy as if I was hit by a car. I felt myself slowly becoming dizzy. I grabbed the counter and closed my eyes. I then opened them, and everything was clear. All the pain just stopped, and the room stopped spinning. 

I guess this is it, for the time being.

~~~

Axel

I flashed out as Sky blinked. I opened the front door and headed into the kitchen. As usual, Lucifer was sitting on one of the stools with his phone in his hand. Once my presence was known, he looked up at me, and then his eyes shifted next to me.