1.2

-December 20th, 2016-

"Chres, I have an interview." Melanie complains.

"So, I wanna hold you." I pout.

"Chres, I don't do this when you have to work." She looks down at me.

"Actually, you do." I disagree, pulling her on top of me and wrapping my arms tightly around her waist so she can't get up.

"Okay, that was only twice. But you're gonna make me late." She groans.

"Fine, I guess you can go now." I sigh, and she tries to get up.

"You have to let go." She laughs.

"You didn't give me my goodbye kiss, so I'm not doing anything except for continuing to hold you." I shrug.

She leans down and pecks my lips a few times. "Bye, Chres."

"Bye, Mel." I smile, letting her get up now.

"Please keep a very close eye on Amoré." She tells me.

"I will." I promise. I was watching her until Mel got back, because I don't have work today.

Melanie leaves after telling Amoré she loves her, and as soon as the door closes, Amoré wakes up.

"Hey, baby Mel." I pick her up.

She laughs, laying her head on my shoulder. I look around for her pacifier, rinsing it off before giving it to her. She looks up at me with sleepy eyes, and I smile, "Now what are you supposed to eat for breakfast?"

I read the note Melanie left, seeing that she told me that Amoré eats apple sauce and oatmeal for breakfast and there is a bottle in the fridge for when she's done eating.

I feed Amoré, then read the note. Melanie said after I burp her to lay her on the floor so she can have tummy time. When I do that, she starts crawling. She crawls to my leg, looking up before tugging on the bottom of my pants, meaning she wants me to pick her up. Since Melanie said she's supposed to crawl around for a little, I get down, crawling with her. She giggles, following me.

"Tummy time." I smile.

After about thirty minutes, there is a really bad smell. I look around the apartment, but find nothing. Finally, I check Amoré, and I gag a little bit. "What did you eat?" I ask. She giggles, reaching for me.

I hold her a little further away as I look around for the note. I find it on the counter, and read it. She told me where the diaper and wipes were, but I have no idea how to change a diaper.

She told me she would be home at twelve, and it's eleven-fifty. It can wait ten minutes, right?

Melanie ends up getting back five minutes early, and I immediately give her the baby. "She needs changed."

"I smell that." She nods, taking her and walking to the room. "I told you were the diapers were."

"She just did it and there was only ten minutes til' you got back. And I don't know how to change a diaper." I admit.

"Really?" She asks, cocking her head to the side.

"I've never had a baby or a younger sibling." I remind her.

"Oh yeah." She remembers.

She goes to change Amoré and I wait in the living room. Once she comes back, Amoré smells a lot better. I swear it smelled like something died.

"That smell can not be healthy." I scrunch up my noise.

"It's because of the formula." Melanie laughs, handing her to me. "She smells better now."