4.8

Remember that story I wrote, it's called Trynna Make It. Well, the sequel is gonna go up soon. Who's gonna read it?

Anyway, enjoy!

--

As my eyes flutter open, I frown. Why didn't it work?

Ray on the chair in the hospital room. "I should kill you." He says. "Why would you do something like that?"

"Why did you stop me? It almost worked." I whisper.

"Because your kids need you." He reminds me.

I shake my head, "I hurt them."

"Everyone makes mistakes, bro. But they need you." He tells me.

"Can I talk to him?" Melanie enters the room.

Ray nods, leaving the room.

Melanie sits beside me on the bed. She smacks my arm. "Don't ever scare us like that again, Chresanto." She kisses me.

"I could have killed our babies." I frown.

"Chres, you were on drugs. Cocaine at that. If you stay clean, we'll be home in no time. You just have to take baby steps with the kids. They don't realize that you didn't mean to." She runs her hands through my hair.

"I hurt you." I feel some tears fall.

She lifts me up, hugging me tightly. "Not on purpose, Chres. We're fine. We only left so Ray could help you get better. We need you, baby. The kids need their father, and I need my husband to be here with me through this pregnancy."

I look up at her. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Chres. We forgive you." She hugs. "You just need to forgive yourself."

"I need help." I admit.

"I know, baby. Which is why you're gonna spend a few weeks at the rehab. We'll come and see you every other day, we'll call every day. I promise."

"Okay." I nod. "Thank you for a second chance."

"Of course. Just, get better for us, Chres." She sniffles too. "We can't lose you."

"You won't, baby. I'm not going anywhere." I promise.

I have to man up for them. I need to be the Chres that Melanie fell in love with and married. I have a family to care for. I have to get better.

--

Melanie's POV

"You two are way too active." I groan, rubbing my stomach.

"They just want you to know they're thinking about you." Chres smiles.

He's going to the rehab tomorrow, he's spending the day with the kids and I.

Camden and Amoré have forgiven him, we visited him this past week and a half in the hospital.

Chres rubs my stomach, placing a gently kisses on it. "Hey, daddy's babies." He coos. "I can't wait to meet you guys."

"What are we naming our baby boy?"

"You want to pick the middle name and I'll pick the first?" He asks.

I nod, "I want the middle name to be Lorenzo. Camden has Romelo, I think Lorenzo would be perfect."

"Okay. I don't know about a first name yet. Let me think for a little bit." He says.

One of our twins kick again, pressing down on my bladder. "Gotta blast." I hurry to the bathroom, hearing the three of them laugh.

"Why do she walk like that now?" Camden whispers.