1.8

Guys, I'm trying to get these chapters up, I promise. I've been on summer break for four days and I've been sick since Sunday.

"Hey, Chres." I smile as he walks through the front door.

"Hey."

"How was work?" I close the book I was reading.

"It was work." He shrugs, going to the kitchen.

I follow him, "Dinner is in the microwave."

"Okay, thank you." He gets a cup and pours himself a glass of Apple juice.

I wait for him to finish his drink, then wrap my arms around his waist, laying my head in his chest. "I missed you."

"Missed you too." He gives me a tight squeeze before releasing me.

I try to kiss him, but he turns his head so I kiss his cheek instead.

I frown, stepping away from him.

He gets his plate, and I go get Amoré, who had woken up.

"Tell daddy we missed him." I sit beside Chres, holding Amoré in a sitting position on my lap.

"Dada." She giggles, crawling to sit between us. She snuggles into his side, and I smile.

"Hey, princess." He wraps his arm around her.

She giggles again.

I take their picture, then I lean back into the loveseat. I look at Chres, thinking about this past week.

I think he lost feelings for me.

He hasn't kissed me since the night I compared him to Darius, he won't let me kiss him. He doesn't hold me at night. He doesn't hold my hand when we go places. He doesn't wake me up before he leaves in the morning.

He doesn't even say he loves me.

I understand why he lost feelings. One, we never resolved the situation, we still haven't talked about it. Anger is just building up. Two, I compared him to my ex. One who was terrible to me at that.

I just hope he'll forgive me soon.

--

"Chres?" I ask him, searching for his hand in the dark.

"What?" He moves his hand when I finally find it.

"I'm sorry." I apologize again.

"It's okay." He shrugs.

"No it's not." I look at him. "I shouldn't have compared you to Darius. You're the exact opposite of him. I love you so much, and I hate that I messed us up."

He doesn't speak.

"If you don't want to be with me anymore, tell me." I look down.

"...I think we should take a break." He finally speaks.

"Okay." I nod. "I can respect that. I do want to talk to you about the argument we had. I don't want to leave it unresolved."

"Okay, we can talk in the morning. Thank you for understanding."

"You would do it for me." I shrug.

I turn on my side, the tears streaming down quietly. I guess I'm not sleeping again tonight.

And I don't. Eventually, around seven, I leave the bed and go shower for work.

In the shower, I stand there, trying to process everything.

"Mel?" Chres knocks on the door.

I clear my throat. "Yeah?"

"Open the door." He sighs.