2.2

I forgot to mention in the last chapter, Chres, Melanie and Amoré were moved back to Maryland after Amoré was checked out. Darius had taken her to Florida.

Looking at his face to see if he's serious, I smile a little. He looked pretty serious to me.

It might be too early for this.
But I mean, I turned seventeen two days ago and I already have a daughter who's almost one. I obviously don't mind things happening 'too early.'

Instead of answering, I quickly pull him into a kiss.

I wrap my legs around him tightly, licking his bottom lip. My hands knot in his hair, and I pull him closer.

"Melanie." He mumbles after a couple minutes.

I pull away. "Yes."

"Yes?" He smiles.

"Yes." I nod excitedly. "I'll marry you."

He takes my hand, sliding on the ring. He smiles, intertwining our fingers and kissing me. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." I smile.

I connect our lips once again.

--

"Baby?" I ask, feeding Amoré.

"Yeah?"

"So, in order to get married, we have to either get out parents to sign, or we can get emancipated. I think we show go ahead and do the second. I mean, we support ourselves anyway."

"Okay, how do we do that?" He asks, tying his shoes.

"We basically get our parents to take us to court. Mine will definitely do it." I tell him.

"Yeah, mine, it'll be a struggle." He sighs.

"How so?" I ask.

"Well, since my mom gets a check because she has mental issues, I get a check because I'm her child. They get the money from the check as long as I'm their responsibility legally." He explains. "And if I'm responsible for myself, the money would come to me."

"Well, you can't take them to court. But you can call a social worker and report it and they'll help get a court date." I suggest.

"What are the other options?" He asks.

"Me being pregnant." I answer. "Emancipation, parents permission or pregnancy. And we definitely can't afford another baby at the moment."

"Well, I mean..." He trails off.

"No." I look over at him.

"It's gonna happen eventually." He shrugs, standing up. "May as well get started on that football team."

"How many kids do you want?" My eyes widen.

"I don't know. I'm good with four, I think." He chuckles.

"Okay, I think I can do that." I nod to myself.

"But, we have more than enough time to space them out." He laughs at my expression. "Gimme a kiss so I can go to work, baby."

I give him a sweet kiss, smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiles back.

He kisses Amoré forehead. "Bye, princess. Daddy loves you."

"Dada." She smiles, reaching for his nose. She grabs it, pulling herself closer to kiss his cheek.

"Before I forget, can you get us some more clothes from the apartment on your way back from work?" I ask.