3.0

Do y'all have any questions about the story? It could be about the plot, the characters, the timeline. Anything that's happened so far that you have questions about, feel free to ask them here and I will answer them.

Got my laptop, so be ready for longer updates!

Shout out to Quavosdaughter14

For a shout out, all you have to do is blow up the comments.

Enjoy

--

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Deanna McKenzie Brown, who tragically past away at the young age of twenty-three." The preacher begins.

"Deanna was loved by many, and her presence in this world will be forever missed. She leaves behind one son, Christian Michael Brown, and her legacy."

"Diana Brown, Deanna's grandmother, will be speaking first."

Her grandmother stands, making her way to the stage.

Deanna's funeral is being held at Diana's church.

After both of Deanna's grandparents speak, I make my way to the stage with Christian.

I hold him so he can speak into the microphone.

"I miss my mommy very much. But Chres said she will live with me forever, in my heart. And she will keep me safe while she live in Heaven."

"Mommy is really happy now, and I know she loves me. And I love her."

He leans to me, finished talking now. So I speak.

"Deanna and I first got together when I was fourteen. She was already seventeen." I begin. "She was an amazing person with a very out going personality. She was smart and she wasn't like the girls."

"We broke up two and a half years later, and she moved to another state with her grandparents. At the time, I didn't realize it was because she was pregnant and scared to tell me."

"She moved back here, and we ran in to each other just a week ago. She told me about Camden, and how they needed me, so I let her move in with my fiancé and I."

"She left to go see her boyfriend, and never came back. We called the police the next day to report her missing, and discovered just hours later what had happened."

"Deanna was an amazing mother, and she was taken far too soon. She will be missed, and she is still loved."

I make my way back to Melanie and Amoré.

I sit beside her, Camden sitting on my lap and hugging me tightly.

I hug back, paying attention to the preacher.

Camden sits down in my lap, and I wrap one arm around Melanie, the other resting at my side.

Melanie leans into me a bit.

Amoré looks around, frowning when she sees lots of people crying. When she looks up, seeing that even Melanie, who only knew Deanna for a short time, had even shed a few tears, her bottom lip begins to shake.

Melanie kisses her forehead, holding her closer.

Melanie related to Deanna a lot. Neither of them had support from their parents because getting pregnant at young ages, both of them were raising a child alone.

They got along really well, Melanie considered her a friend.

"Mama." Amoré sniffs.

"Mommy's okay." Melanie whispers, wiping her eyes.