5.4

Y'all...you're just not ready for all the stuff about to happen.

Hopefully, Melanie and Chres' relationship is strong enough to make it.

Anonymous

"Hello? Is anyone listening?" I ask. "I need my brother freed as soon as possible. So someone better have some type of news."

"We might. Melanie just had the twins, so she's going to be home a lot, while Chres is out alone."

"So we go for Mel or Chres?" I ask.

"Both. Get Melanie first, make him suffer." He shrugs.

"What about the kids?" I ask.

"Take them too. More persuasion for Chres to meet us where we say." He shrugs again.

"And when we get all of them?"

"Find your brother, and then kill them." He replies.

Easy enough. "I think I already know how to get started."

"How?" He asks.

"I went to school with Melanie. I'll add her on social media and try talking to her." I answer.

"Go ahead."

Melanie

"Baby?" I ask sweetly.

"Yes, my love?" He asks, paying attention to the game.

I rub his cheek, putting my leg over his waist. "Pay attention to me."

"Hold on, baby. Let me finish this round. I'm about to win." He says.

I pout, kissing his neck. "Baby." I whine, holding him tightly.

"Melanie." He whines back.

"Pay attention to me." I groan. "Before the kids wake up."

"I will, babe. Gimme five minutes." He says.

I roll my eyes, moving to the other side of the couch. When he finally moves over to me, Leilani begins crying. "I told you. But you love the game more than your wife." I push his arms off of me to go get my daughter.

"Melanie, I know you're not really mad." He chuckles.

"Stop talking to me." I pick Leilani up, bouncing her in my arms.

"Mel." He wraps his arms around me and the baby. "I'm sorry. I'll pay more attention to your from now on."

I sigh. "I'm sorry too. I know I'm emotional. I just, I don't want to start drifting apart because we don't have time for each other, ya know?"

"Of course, baby." He pecks my lips. "We just have to communicate, okay?"

"I know." I nod.

Caleb begins making noises, so Chres let's me go so he can get our son.

Parenting time.

I feed Leilani, and then hand her to Chres so I can feed Caleb. He burbs our daughter in the meantime.

After both babies are fed and burped, we go back into the living room to watch TV while Camden and Amoré are still asleep.

Once we find a cartoon to watch, Chres wraps his arm around me, pulling me as close as possible.

I snuggle into him, smiling slightly. I have the best husband ever.

After the kids wake up, we decide to go to my mother's for a bit.