1.5

"Hey." A blonde-headed girl sits beside me. She looks like she's about seventeen or eighteen.

"Hey." I nod to her.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Great. I'm Natalie." She smiles.

"I'm Chresanto." I nod, looking straight ahead.

"Maybe we could go hang out." She suggests, a certain tone in her voice that let me know she had and that I won't be taking part in.

"I have a girlfriend." I tell her.

"And?" She laughs. "I can take her place."

"I have a child." I add.

"I like to think I'd be a good mother." She shrugs.

"I have respect for women. I can't be with you if you have no respect for yourself." I tell her, keeping my eyes on Melanie as she took orders at the cash register.

"I have self respect." The girl scoffs.

"Sure, ma'am." I stand up. "I have to go."

I walk to the register, waiting in line. Finally, I get to Mel. "What's the best thing you guys have?" I ask, pretending not to know her.

"Probably the buffalo chicken sliders with onion rings or curly fries."

"Would my girlfriend like that?" I ask.

"She would love that." Melanie nods with a small pout.

"In that case, let me get four buffalo chicken sliders, two orders of large curly fries and one small, and one order of onion rings." I place the order.

"Anything to drink?" She types the order in.

"Two large fountain drinks, please." I nod.

"Is that all?" She smiles.

"Yes, ma'am." I nod.

She tells me the total and I give her the money, getting my receipt. "Go get Amoré and I'll watch her until your shift is over."

"Okay. Thank you." She smiles.

I stand where I was, since no one was in line, and wait for her to get back.

She comes around the counter, handing me the diaper bag and car seat and then pecking my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile at her.

After getting the food, I sit at a table close to the counter, waiting on Mel.

"Hi, princess." I take Amoré out of her car seat, holding her in sitting position on the table.

She giggles, grabbing my nose.

"You see mama over there working?" I turn her towards Mel. "Isn't she the best mommy ever?"

She smiles, looking at Mel.

I continue talking to Amoré, until the blonde-head girl approaches me. Then, I put Amoré in her car seat and grab the tray of food. I move to another table and then continue my conversation with my daughter.

"Chres, are you running from me?" The blonde girl sits across from me.

"I don't know you." I tell her.

"We just met." She laughs.

"I don't want to know you." I look at Mel, seeing that her eyes are on me. I mouth, 'Help me.' She laughs, but begins to walk over to me.