0.8

Sorry this is late. I fell asleep in the middle of writing it. Literally. But here it is, enjoy!

"Stop." Mel laughs, backing away from me.

"No way." I chuckle. I pull her to me, spraying some whip cream on her face. "Now we're even."

"Chres, that was a lot." She wipes it off.

"So." I shrug, eating what was left in my cheek.

"Here, come here." She grabs the rag, putting some water on it. I move closer to her and she wipes my face off, so it won't be sticky.

When she's done, I take the rag and rinse it off. Then I wipe her face off.

She smiles, looking up at me. I smile down at her.

Little Mel starts crying and we back away from each other. "I have to get her." Mel tells me.

"Go ahead." I watch her walk away. I chuckle, shaking my head a little.

That girl. She, wow.

---

Amoré blows raspberries at me, giggling every so often. "You're silly." I coo to her.

She speaks back in gibberish, I just nod like I understand her.

"Really?" I ask. She 'talks' some more. "That's crazy."

"Amoré what are you doing, girly?" Mel walks into the living room.

"She said something about you needing to give me and her big hugs." I shrug, being serious.

Amoré talks gibberish and giggles looking at Melanie, as if she were agreeing.

"Okay." Mel sighs, walking over to us. She pulls the both of us into a big hug. I wrap my arms around them tightly.

Melanie has quickly became my best friend. I can't imagine having gotten this apartment without her.

---

Mel shivers a bit and turn on my side to look at her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just cold."

I wrap my arms around her, pulling her on my chest. Our legs intertwine and she lays her hand on my chest.

She gets Amoré, laying her on my chest and beside her. She pulls the covers higher up, then lays her hand back on my chest. "Night, Chres. Thank you."

"Night, Mel. No problem." I smile.

---

"Chres!" Melanie calls from the bathroom.

"Yeah?"

"Come here, please." She says.

I go to the bathroom door, like she asked me to.

"Can you go in our room and get my bag?" She asks. "The black one."

"Yes." I nod, going to get it.

I bring it to her, leaving afterwards so she can handle her business without me right by the door.

She comes out of the bathroom, in skinny jeans and a plain blue v-neck shirt. It wasn't deep or anything, just that style.

Her hair was down, her perfect little black curls going down her back.

"Mel, you look amazing." I smile at her.

"Thank you. Just figured I'd wear something other than sweats for once." She's worn jeans before, but not skinny jeans.

"You look good either way." I kiss her cheek.

"Thank you." She smile brighter.

We sit on the bed, talking quietly.

"You really do look nice." I smile, pulling on of her curls. When I release it, it bounces back into place perfectly.

"Thank you."

"I have work tonight." I frown.

"Awe. Me and Amoré can bring you food on your break." She suggests.

"I don't want you walking around in the dark. All I have to do is clean up and then lock up. Mr. Lee wants me to take it easy this week." I tell her.

"Okay." She groans. "But you better hurry. I get worried."

"I will." I promise.

"When do you have to leave?" She asks.

"Around five-forty." I answer.

"Oh. You still have a couple hours." She smiles.

"Yeah." I nod.

---

"Mel?" I ask.

"Hm?" She hums, looking at me.

You got this, Chres. "I..um..I really, kinda. You're very-" I don't got this. "Pretty. I kinda like you. I like you a lot." I scratch the back of my neck.

"I like you too." She tells me.

"I mean, like more than a best friend way." I explain.

"Me too." She admits. "But why?"

"Because, how could I not? You're pretty, caring, smart, funny and lovable." I answer. "Why do you?"

"Because you're sweet and funny and caring and protective and you're lovable too. You make me happy." She tells me.

"So, you wanna try this? Maybe not make it official yet, cause a lot is going on right now, I know. Between getting the apartment, working and you taking care of the baby." I start rambling and Melanie laughs.

"I understand, Chres. Yes, unofficial is fine with me."

"Thanks." I smile. "I just want to do this the right way."

"Me too." She smiles.

---

"Mel, I have to go." I chuckle. Two weeks of us being unofficial and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for us to official.

"No you don't." She pouts, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"I'll be back in a few hours, Mel." I promise.

"Just stay here with me." She frowns.

"I would, but we need money, love."

"No, we just need each other."

"That's true, but we need money to take care of Amoré." I reply.

"Fine." She sighs. "When is your lunch?"

"Around ten." I answer. "Can you bring some of what you brought yesterday?"

"Yeah." She kisses my cheek.

"I'll see you in a little bit." I kiss her forehead, hugging her tightly.

"Be careful." She hugs me just as tight.

"I will. You be careful too." I sit her down and pick up Amoré, who was laying on the floor, giggling and trying to roll over.

"Bye, bye." I kiss her forehead. She speaks back in gibberish and I smile. I hand her to Mel and then I have to get to work.

---

"You like her, you like her, you really, really like her." Shay sings. "I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so."

"Shut up, Shay." I toss the rag at her.

"Well, I told you that you guys were going to fall in love eventually." She shrugs.

"We're not in love, we just got together. And it's not even official. We're taking it slow." I explain.

"Sure." She smiles.

I roll my eyes, deciding its best to ignore her.

Mel and I know what we are and what we are doing, that's all that matters.

This chapter is all over the place, but like I said, I fell asleep writing it. The next one will be longer and much better. I just wanted to get this out as soon as possible.

Let me know what you think! Thank you for reading! Vote/comment.

~Michele