4.0

I told y'all the last chapter wasn't gonna be happy. I warned ya, but I think it still wasn't what everyone was expecting.

Just wait until you finish this chapter.

Don't be mad, lol.

Shout out to KeshaRicard

Blow up the comments for a shout out.

Enjoy!

--

"Mommy, why are they sad?" Camden asks. "He went to live in Heaven with Jesus and God, and my mommy."

"Because, they're going to miss him." I fight back tears.

I wish he could get the chance to see how amazing our daughter will grow up to be.

"I wish I would have fixed our relationship before this happened." His mother sobs.

"I know. But deep down, he knew you loved him." I assure her. "And he knew his father loved him."

I wipe the few tears that had slipped.

I'm trying to keep it together, for the sake of the kids and the child I'm carrying. The stress isn't good for him or her, so I'm trying to stay calm.

Chres wouldn't want anything to happen to him or her.

"Mommy, they're making me sad." Camden sniffles. "I want daddy now."

"Baby, daddy isn't here."

"But I want him." He starts crying louder, which sets Amoré off as well.

"Dada." She cries.

I frown, picking both of them up. "I'll be right back." I tell his mother.

I hurry into the lobby of the church, where a large picture of him sits. One where he just looked as happy as could be.

That's what almost gets me.

"Babies, I know you want daddy, but we have to be strong, okay?" I wipe their cheeks. "Daddy doesn't want us to cry, right? He wants us to be happy all the time."

"But I wanna go see him." Camden frowns. "I miss daddy."

I sigh, rubbing their backs. I don't know how to comfort them through this.

I don't know if everything will be okay, but I keep trying to tell them it will be.

I don't want them to be sad, and I know Chres doesn't either.

I know I'm going to take care of them regardless. They're my children.

I don't even know if I'm going to go through with Shay adopting Camden. He loves Chres like a father, and Chres loves him like a son.

It doesn't feel right to give him away.

Especially when I don't even know if Chres would want me to.

So for now, Camden is staying with us.

--

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" I tell his mother. She's really torn up over his death.

"Okay. And I would like to be in my grandchild's life. It's all I have left of him." She wipes her eyes with a tissue.

"Of course." I nod. "I know he would want that."

After going our separate ways, I go back to Ray and Maya's house, knowing I have things to get done.

First, I have to go get all of our remaining stuff from the apartment. Then I have to take it to Ray's. Then I have to go meet with Camden's future school. Then I have a doctor's appointment.