5.9

This story will end at chapter 66, there will be an epilogue.

Do you want bonus chapters?

How about a sequel?

Enjoy

--

"Everyone up. Get your stuff." A police officers shouts, cutting on the lights. "Someone broke through security. We're leaving in five minutes."

Chres sits up quickly, jumping to get our stuff. "Mel, go get the kids."

I jump up, running to the other room. The kids are still sound asleep, no one in the room, thankfully. "Babies, it's time to wake up." I flip the light on. The twins are in our bed, in the their little bassinet.

"Come on, we're going to a different place." I tell them.

Renee, Chres, and myself had discussed what to do if something like this happened.

Renee is to pack her stuff, Nova's stuff, and anything left in the bathroom, living room, or kitchen. Chres is to pack our stuff, the kids' stuff, and then help Renee. I'm supposed to get the kids ready and keep them calm.

"Where are we going, mommy?" Camden yawns, stretching out.

"On an adventure. We're going with Renee's friends." I smile. "We have to go, okay?"

The kids make their way to the living room, holding their stuffed animals. I cut the TV on, and then go to help Chres and Renee while officers sit with the kids. First, I put a baby carrier on, placing Leilani in it, so she's on my stomach.

Chres does the same for Caleb. And then we finish packing everything.

We round up, holding the kids' hands while the police officers carry are stuff, surrounding us.

Remember watching Zack and Cody as a kid? How the men in suits surrounded London's father? That's how surrounded we were.

We go down the stairs, rather than the elevator. They rush us into a car, putting our things in the back and then speeding off. We were still buckling the kids in the car seats when they pulled off. Three police cars lead us, three follow. We were in an all black SUV.

They speed, driving for about five and a half hours. The kids, because we woke up so early, sleep most of the drive, thankfully.

Chres takes my hand, squeezing it tightly and give me an apologetic look.

I know what that means.

He has to leave again. He's already made up his mind.

I sigh sadly, "When?"

"Soon. Maybe a week or two." He answers.

Renee glances over, "How do you guys do that? Like, talk without talking?"

Chres shrugs, "we just know."

I lay my head on his shoulder, and he wraps his arm around me. "I love you." He kisses the side of my head.

"I love you too."

I close my eyes, there's no need to cry. He's not leaving yet, and he's coming back when he does leave. I just need to remember that and be strong.

For the kids, and for him.

--

"Daddy!" Amoré runs into the room, Nova behind her.

We're in a cabin now, out in the middle of now where. There are less police officers, but still ten of them just to be sure we're safe.

She was definitely in the hotel, she made it to our room just after we left.