1.4

The August Alsina story is up. Please go check it out.

Chres takes my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you, Chres. You look very handsome." I smile, blushing.

"I really like you, Mel." He tells me.

"I really like you." I tell him.

He kisses the back of my hand, staring into my eyes.

"You're being weird." I blush, looking down.

"I'm just observing, beautiful." He uses to fingers to lift my chin.

"Chres." I smile.

"Melanie." He smiles back.

I blush even more, avoiding his gaze.

"You are so beautiful." He sighs. "I am very lucky to have you in my life."

"I'm very lucky to have you, Chres." I smile.

He kisses the back of my hand again, not letting it go.

I wonder what has him acting this way.

"Is everything okay, baby?"

"Yeah. I'm just taking it all in." He nods.

"What in?"

"I have an amazing family."

"Chres-"

"I'm serious, Mel. You and Amoré inspire me so much. I have to do good for you guys. I have to get us a better place to live. If it were just me, I would not have any motivation. I would probably be living in the tent, saving the money I could." He explains.

"Awe, Chres." I coo. "You inspire me too. And you've helped me so much. I have a child, and you help me raise her. Without you, I don't know what we would do."

"Come here." He leans over the table.

I meet him in the middle, pecking his lips before actually kissing him.

"I love you, Melanie." He tells me. "I don't mean to scare you when I say that, but I do."

I lean back at my seat, staring at him with tears in my eyes. He loves me.

Amoré's father told me he loves me one time, right before he got what he wanted. I haven't heard my parents tell me they love me in almost two years.

Hearing him say it was amazing. I feel the same way as he does, I just thought I would scare him if I told him.

"I love you, Chresanto." I smile. He returns the smile, wiping my tears away.

"I love our family." He adds.

"Me too." I nod, grabbing his hand.

--

"Chres, can I sleep on the couch tonight?" I ask.

"No. Do you want me to sleep on the couch?" He asks.

"Please." I nod. I just want to make sure that he didn't tell me he loves me so I would sleep with him.

"Okay. Did I do something wrong or something?" He gets his pillow and the small cover.

"No, I just don't want to sleep in the bed with you." I lie. I love his cuddles.

"Oh." He nods. He kisses my forehead on the way out. "Goodnight, I love you."

"Night. I love you too." I smile.

"Night, Amoré." I was holding Amoré and she kept staring at Chres. She smiles at him, giggling a little.

He leaves the room and I lay down, putting Amoré beside me.