4.6

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting. And for getting this book on the list. It means a lot to me.

Anonymous

Clicking through the laptop, I continue seeing pictures of Chres and Melanie looking as happy as ever. As if my life hasn't been destroyed by them.

Chresanto destroyed everything I had built up. So in return, I'm going to take everything he has.

His wife and his kids. I just have to wait until those twins are born.

"There is a call, D." Jules says.

"For me?" I look up.

"Between Chres and Melanie. Do you want to listen in? He's supposed to be leaving soon."

"Yes." I answer, clicking on the phone icon on my computer, just in time to hear the beginning of a conversation.

"Hey, Chres." Melanie speaks softly.

"Hey, baby. What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm about to put the kids to bed. They wanted to tell you goodnight first."

After listening to Chres tell both Camden and Amore goodnight and such, I hear more conversation between Melanie and Chres.

After she gets the kids to bed, they begin talking again.

"I miss you already." She tells him. "Two weeks is way too long."

"But on the bright side, we'll have the money to take care of the kids." He reminds her.

"I know. I just wish you didn't have to be away for so long." She sighs. "Anyway, what's up with you? You guys are still driving, huh?"

"Yeah, we're almost there." He answers. "How do you like staying with the girls?"

"It's fun, like a giant sleepover." She smiles. "But, it's not as fun without you here."

"Same here." He replies. "Cuddling and talking to Leilani would be so much better than sitting in a car."

So Leilani is the baby's name.

"She misses you too. She keeps kicking."

"When I get home, we can start decorating her room." He promises her.

"Okay." I hear movement. "I can't sleep unless you're holding me. It makes me feel safe."

"Trust me, I wish I could be there with you." He sighs. "But, I'll hold you all day when I get home."

"Sounds amazing." I can tell she is smiling.

"Chres, do you need anything from here?" One of his friends, Rayan, I believe, asks.

"Yeah. I'll come in." There is more movement.

"Should I let you go, baby?"

"Nah, we're just at the gas station." Chres answers.