4.7

Don't be mad at me for this chapter, lol. I'm building up to something...

Enjoy!

--

Waking up completely alone, I stand up. "Mel?" I walk to the bathroom, not seeing her. "Baby?"

I check the kitchen, still not seeing her. I check the kids' rooms, not seeing them either. Their beds hadn't even been slept in.

"Melanie?" I call again, turning around to go look in the room again. Ray is leaned against the wall. "What's going on?"

"She left." He answers.

"Where did she go?" I ask.

"I can't tell you, until you're better." Ray answers.

"What are you talking about?"

He opens his hand, revealing my stash. "I don't know. What is this?"

"Nothing." I lie.

"Really, because after you took this, you put your hands in Melanie, scared Amoré and Camden." He informs me.

"I what?"

"You knocked Melanie into the corner of the island. She hit her stomach." Ray tells me.

I rub my eyes, immediately feeling regret. "Is she okay? Is Leilani okay?"

"She has a doctor's appointment today." Ray answers.

"Can I go?" I ask.

"I can't let you." He shakes his head.

"Please? I have to say sorry, I have to know that my daughter is okay."

"Let me call her and ask her." He goes to the living room.

I sit on the floor, staring at my wedding ring. I promised to protect her and the kids. I promised I would never do anything to hurt them. I broke my promise.

All because I slipped up at Florida. I was so stressed and someone offered it to me. I should have denied, but I didn't.

I've messed up really bad.

"Melanie says you can go if I stay with you." Ray walks into the hall. "Get ready, we have to leave in twenty minutes."

I stand up, going to my room to get dressed. I quickly change into a pair of jeans and a white shirt before putting on my shoes. After I brush my teeth and apply deodorant and cologne, we head to the doctor's office. The car is already parked outside of the building, so I know Melanie is here.

We walk inside, seeing Melanie in the waiting room with Amoré and Camden. I sit beside of her, my hands shaking a bit out of nervousness.

"Hey." I say quietly.

"Hi." She doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or the kids." I tell her.

"Lets not do this in front of them, okay?"

"Can I take you out to lunch so we can talk?" I ask.

"Not today." She answers.

"I just want to get a few things off of my chest." I tell her. "I'll leave you alone until I'm better after that."

"Fine." She agrees.

We head into the appointment, and a doctor that isn't her usual doctor comes to do the sonogram.

"So I have here in my notes that you two don't want the gender of baby number two. Should I continue keeping that a secret?"

"I think you have the wrong family. We're not expecting twins. My doctor said one of the babies dissolved into the other." Melanie frowns.