2.6

Shout out to _JANELLEB_. Remember, for a shout out, all you have to do is blow up the comments.

Enjoy!

"Well, we will call you with the results within three days, Mister August." The doctor says.

"Okay, thank you." Chres nods.

We make sure he has the correct number before leaving with the kids and Deanna.

"Baby, are you cooking when we get home?" Chres asks.

"Yes, I'm making grilled cheese before you leave for work." I answer.

"Okay." He nods. "Shay is coming over to hang out with you. She said she misses her sister and her niece."

"I just talked to her last night." I laugh.

He chuckles, opening the door for me so I can buckle Amoré in.

Afterwards, he closes it and opens my door for me.

"Thank you." I smile, getting in before he closes it.

He smiles, walking around to the drivers side.

After arriving home, I start on the food while Chres gets ready for work.

"Miss Melanie, whea' my mommy?" Camden asks.

"She should be in the living room." I answer.

"She tell me she go talk to you." He replies.

I cut the stove off, going to help Camden find his mother.

When I get to the living room, I see a note on the table.

I pick it up, reading over it.

"I'm so sorry. Please tell Camden his mommy loves him and she hopes he can forgive her. I'm sorry for leaving him with you guys. I can't continue to struggle with my son. I can't handle it. I'm sorry. Mommy loves you, Cam."

"Oh my gosh." I cover my mouth. "Camden, honey, can you sit on the couch, please? I'm gonna go get Chres and we're gonna talk to your mommy."

He nods, sitting on the couch and picking up his toy.

I make sure the front door is locked so he can't wonder off, and then I head to the bathroom, where Chres is showering.

"Baby." I say.

"Um, yeah?" He asks, confused as to why I came in the bathroom.

"Deanna left." I tell him.

"Okay, where'd she go?" He asks me.

"She left." I tell him. "She's not coming back."

"What?" The water turns off.

"She left Camden and she left a note." I tell him.

"...Close your eyes for a minute, Mel." He says.

I do as told, hearing the curtains pull open.

I hear movement, and after a minute or so, he says I can open my eyes.

He stands beside me, reading the note. "What, how, why, she?" He's obviously confused.

"I don't know either." I shake my head. "What are we gonna do?"

"We're gonna wait a day and see if she comes back, if not, we'll report her as missing. If Camden is my son, then we'll keep him. If he's not, then he can live with her grandparents or be adopted. I don't want him to live a broke life if he can get better. If he's mine, I'm not giving him up. If he isn't, I will so he can have a better life."