2.1

Vote, comment, and please share this story on Twitter or whatever social media, and tag me. I'll go follow you, my Twitter is @Hailey_Michele_

Shout out to RoyaltyAugust23

If you have been blowing up the comments, don't worry. I notice. Your shout out is coming, but I'm only doing one shout out per chapter.

Enjoy!

--

"Chres?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He rubs my back.

"Just seeing if you're still up." I answer.

"I'm up." He smiles.

I remain quiet for a moment, "Do you want to go to the roof? Just to get some air?"

"We can if you want." He nods. "Put your slippers on."

"Thanks." I sit up.

I slide into my slippers and put on Chres' hoodie.

He holds my hand, leading the way.

We sit by the rail, looking around at the city. We live in a poor-er area of Baltimore, but I still find it beautiful.

"Melanie, I have to tell you something. And I don't want you to freak out." Chres tells me.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow." He replies.

I take my hand from his, "What?"

"I've had Ray, Craig and Jacob looking for Amoré. I've been looking for her. We think we know where she is, I'm leaving tomorrow, getting our baby and then bringing her home." He answers.

"How?" I ask.

"If he's where I think he is, I'm gonna bring her home within two or three days. Four tops." He tells me. "I already told the detective, he's sending a team and coming with us."

"What are you planning on doing?" I ask.

"The only thing there is to do. I'm gonna kill him." He shrugs.

"Chres." I sigh. "Don't talk like that."

"I'm serious, Mel." He shrugs.

"Don't, for the sake of Amoré. She needs her father, Chres. If you're in jail, who is she supposed to look up?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna go to jail. The detective said wait until he points a gun at me, and then I fired if he dies, it'll be self-defense and I won't go to jail." He shrugs again.

"But then, you'll be living with that on your conscious." I tell him.

"I live with a lot of things in my conscious." He chuckles. "And trust me, killing Darius won't be one of them. That man is evil, and I don't mean that metaphorically. He's got the devil in him."

"But you killing him still wouldn't be right." I lay my head on his shoulder. "Let him live and get life in jail. Then he can suffer for his life."

"I'll think about it." He shrugs.

"Just remember, if it doesn't work out the way the cop says, Amoré has to live without you for who knows how long. And she really needs you." I tell him.

--

"So, when are we leaving?" I ask Chres, after getting dressed.

"Twenty minutes." He puts his watch on. "Are you sure you don't want to stay here?"