2.7

So, should I continue updating like this until my break is over? Or is it too much and I should go back to once a week?

Shout out to ShemiseRoss

All you have to do for a shout out, is blow up the comments.

Tightening the final tire, I sigh. I'm tired as anything, but my shift is almost over.

I lower the car before going to wash my hands.

Afterwards, I grab the keys, pulling the car outside to the front of the building.

I let the lady know her car is finished, and she thanks me. She gets her receipt and leaves.

My phone rings, and I quickly step outside to answer it.

"Hello?" I answer, not looking at the caller I.D.

"Hey, babe." I hear Melanie's voice.

"Hey, baby." I smile.

"Are you on your way home?" She asks.

"No, I still have to clock out. Is everything okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, everything is fine." She answers. "I need you to pick some stuff up from the grocery store though."

I frown, sighing deeply. "I don't have any money on me, love."

"My food stamps card should be in your wallet." She informs me.

"Is it okay if I come pick you and the kids up and we go shopping together?" I ask her.

"Yes, baby. I just didn't know if you would want to come here and then go all the way to the store." She answers.

"It's fine. You can drive, because I'm exhausted." I admit.

"Well, maybe you can stay and catch up on some sleep. I'll take the kids shopping with me."

"It's fine. I don't mind going." I assure her.

"Okay, baby. I'll see you in a few. I love you."

"I love you too." I tell her. "I'm about to clock out now."

"Okay. Be careful."

"I will."

We hang up and I go to clock out. "Chresanto, don't forget to pick up your check." Shay reminds me, seeing me headed for the exit.

"What check?" I ask.

"Your paycheck?" She sounds confused.

"Today is Friday?"

"Yeah." She nods, her eyebrows pulled together.

"Oh." I say, changing my course to go get my pay check.

Then I head home.

My head has been all over the place. I can't get in contact with Deanna or her grandparents.

Melanie and I put a missing persons report out, hoping to find her. On top of that, the doctor called and said something happened and they won't be getting the results of the DNA test for possibly another two weeks.

I've been picking up more shifts, to keep money in our pockets, but that's only doing so much. I get a check sent to me now, it comes the same day as the food stamps. But I only get two hundred dollars, because my birthgiver has mental issues that could affect me.

There's a lot going on right now, and it's really hard not to give up, but I have my family to think about. If I give up, what will they do?

I can't let them down. My family means the world to me, I can't let anything happen to them because we don't have money.