1.7

Hey, we hit 10k reads. Thank you so much!

I sit on the couch, waiting for Chresanto to finish getting ready.

He got off of work about thirty minutes ago and I started getting ready about an hour before that. I knew he would want to take a shower and I needed one too.

I look over at my CD player, deciding to put on some music and get Amoré dressed.

I place in my Nicki Minaj CD, The Pinkprint. It was one of the last CDs I was able to purchase.

As All Things Go begins to play, I turn the volume up. All of my CDs are edited editions, so there is no cussing.

"Ma." Amoré laughs, reaching for me.

I pick her up from her play mat, taking her to the room where her outfit was laying on her bed.

Then we go back to the living room.

I get Amoré dressed and get her bag together. Chres told me we have to go grocery shopping and go to Wal-Mart.

"Ready, baby?" Chres steps into the living room.

"Yep." I nod, picking up Amoré's car seat.

"Okay." He takes it from my hands, taking my hand in his free hand. "I called a cab from the phone in the lobby. He should be here by now."

"Okay." I nod.

--

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Chres.

"Yeah, we pay eighty now and only twenty each every month. It's no iPhone, but it's something." He sighs.

"I don't know." I admit.

"It's a way for us to check in on each other, call a cab, call emergency services." He persuades. "Its cheap, I don't think we'll find anything cheaper."

"Okay." I nod.

"Great." He gets the two boxes containing phones.

"We have to get the cards while we're hear, right?" I ask, laying my head on his arm.

"Yeah, but they're just right here." He points to them.

"Okay." I yawn.

He leads the way, and I follow tiredly.

After getting everything we needed, we head home and activate the phones using our neighbors phone, since we didn't have a working one.

--

"Melanie, why's it such a big deal?" Chresanto grabs my hand.

"Because it is." I shrug him off.

"I was just trying to help." He sighs.

"By cussing out my boss?" I ask.

"He was being rude." Chres answers. "I'm your boyfriend, Mel. I'm not gonna sit there and watch that."

"You don't understand. This was the only thing I could do for myself. You might have gotten me fired." I tell him.

"I'm sorry. I can go apologize if you want." He sighs.

"No, you've done enough." I sigh, walking around him to leave.

He follows behind me, keeping his distance. By the amount of quietness, I can tell we are going to have an argument when we get home.

And we do.

"You can at least try to see where I'm coming from." Chres sighs.

"How?" I ask. "I know how this goes, you cuss at my boss, I get fired, I depend on you. It's the same thing Darius did to me and I was left with nothing when he broke up with me. I refuse to have that happen to me, ever again."