5.8

"Melanie?" Chres opens the room door.

The police had gotten us a hotel room with three different rooms, one for Chres and I, one for Renee, and one for the kids.

Because of Renee being the chief's daughter, the building is swarming with police.

At least we're safe though.

He sits beside of me on the bed, I'm assuming he watches me pretend to be asleep.

"I'm sorry for getting us into all of this." He says quietly. "I'll get us out of it, and after this, no more bullshit. Just me, you, and the kids living our happily ever after."

"I love you." He whispers.

So, it gets a bit complicated explaining this.

The guy who tried to kill us, and broke into our house, the one who Chres took and out him into a basement somewhere until he decided what to do with him, that's Renee's crazy husband.

She didn't know what he was doing, or what T was doing for that matter.

Renee was with Tyrell, her husband, when she got pregnant with Nova. Obviously, that means Renee cheated on Tyrell with Chres.

Apparently, Tyrell confronted Chres once, but Chres was high so he made a big joke about everything, laughing in his face, and then beat Tyrell, which made him even angrier.

Fast forward to last year, he find Chres and starts watching him, and our family. That's how he knew everything.

Even though he raises Nova and Renee and Nova don't have any contact with Chres, he's still mad.

Then the stuff happened where he broken in, Chres takes him, all Renee knows is her husband is missing.

T knows about his plan and that Chres has him. She makes her own plan.

When she asked Renee for help, Renee called the police, rightfully so. They're both crazy.

Of course, we can't just hand over her brother, because he's still swearing he'll kill Chres, even if it's the last thing he ever does.

So now we're all in danger, because one guy won't let go of a petty grudge from five, nearly six years ago.

Renee feels terrible, because she slept with Chres while with him, and that's why he's angry.

And Chres feels bad because it's happening because of what they did, and the kids are having to suffer for it.

However, they don't know what's going on. They just know we're having a giant sleepover with Renee and Nova at a huge hotel with lots of food and a big ole pool.

"I know how to fix this, but its gonna make you hate me." He sighs. "I have to get to both of them, before they get to me. Which means, yet again, I have to leave for a little while."

I feel him take my hand into his, "I feel like I've missed half of our relationship and the kids growing up. I leave so damn much. Between rehab, work, the break up, I know I've left you alone a lot. And I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to think of another way. I just, I have to do what's right for our family."

He sighs, "I just don't know what that is at this point."

He rests his head on shoulder, laying on me. "I'm sorry." He apologizes once more. "I love you."

I yawn, turning in the bed to cuddle him. "Hi." I pretend I just woke up.

"Hey, baby." He forces a smile.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too." He kisses my cheek.

"And you know, none of this is your fault, right?" I ask.