0.9

Very important authors note. Please read and leave feedback.

-December 5th, 2016-

"Chres?" Mel asks, parting my hair.

"Yeah?"

"I'm braiding your hair." She tells me.

"Okay." I shrug.

"I need some water, don't move." She stands up, moving around me. I look at Amoré.

"How's it going?" I ask. She giggles, kicking her feet around.

Mel comes back into the living room area, sitting on the loveseat thing we got and letting me move between her legs, so that she can finish my hair.

"Mel, you're pulling my hair." I wince.

"I only have to braid left." She tells me.

"And I have forty minutes before I have to leave for work." I tell her.

"Can I go with you?" She asks. She swears some one was in here last night.

"Yes, Mel." I answer.

"Yay!" She stops braiding, leaning down to kiss my head.

"Okay, now hurry up and finish my hair."

She does, then tells me to go look at it.

"It looks good, Mel."

"Thank you." She smiles, getting Amoré's clothes together.

I get ready for work and make lunch while they get ready. After I have two bags, one for me and one for Mel, I get the diaper bag ready. I make sure to pack the baby's snacks and juice, with her formula and two bottles. Everything she would need went in that bag.

"Awe, thank you, Chres." Mel kisses my cheek.

"You're welcome, Mel. Thank you for braiding my hair."

"You're welcome."

---

"Chres, I need you to inspect this car." Mr. Lee says. "And then explain it's issues to the owners."

"Okay. I just plug it to the machine, right?" I ask.

"Yes." He nods.

I do what he told me. Everything in this car was messed up, engine wise. It looked nice, but I can't see how they drove this thing here.

I go to talk to the owners, but freeze when I see them. It was my parents.

I clear my throat, getting their attention anyway.

I tell them to follow me so I can explain the issues. My lunch break is in fifteen minutes, I don't have time to mess around. I need this job.

"Okay, so, first off, only one break light works." I start. The machine does the engine stuff, I had to check all the lights and stuff.

"Santo, is that you?" My mom asks.

"My name is Chres." I tell her.

"We've been looking for you. You just up and left us."

"Because you hit me everyday of my life. Not discipline either, you punched me and burned me." I look at them.

"We're sorry. You need to come home." My mom says, I didn't believe her at all.

"Actually, I'm doing pretty good on my own." I tell them. "Anyway, the back light isn't red, it's white. It has to be red if it's a break light, you can put red tape over that or get it changed."