The feeling

Years had passed like days and you were getting rather proud of your ice skating skills. You were more than thrilled when Yuri had told you he was thinking about getting back into ice skating. You were of course there for every stumble, fall, and leap. It was captivating the way he moved across the ice like he was flying. You couldn't help the thought that you might one day do the same. You laugh a little to yourself as you place the skates onto your feet, being sure to tie the laces tightly. You move into the rink and slide across the ice, the feeling of gliding across the smooth surface always was pleasant. You often had the rink to yourself, after all, you were friends with the manager and no one came at night anyway. The rink was only lit by a few lights but it never stopped you. Your mind went blank and it was almost as if your body was moving on its own spinning, jumping and gliding. There wasn't even any music but that didn't stop you. You had your eyes closed and couldn't help the smile that formed on your face. The cool wind, the thrill of doing the same thing that your own hero had been doing. You blush at the thought and stop opening your eyes and covering your cheeks embarrassed at the thought. You almost slip at the sound of clapping from the side of the rink and you slowly turned. There Yuri was with a bright smile on his face as he sat on the bench "That was amazing Y/n." You couldn't help the feeling of embarrassment growing inside your gut "Y-Yuri!" You let out a shocked cry. He laughs a little "I'm sorry, did I interrupt you? I thought you had finished and.." You huff "That's not it! You jerk! It was supposed to be a surprise!" You skate over to him and he was quick to get up wrapping you in his arms. The warmth of his embrace made you smile, the arms that held you through everything. The feeling of safety and love, sadly not the love you had been hoping for but love none the less.