Chapter 5

Chapter 5

  Everyone comes rather quickly as my parents and I gather for supper. I'm about to tell them what happened at school today. "Hey mom, hey dad. How was your day?" They both grumble "crappy" and I frown slightly at their response. "Well I have a funny story about my day that may lift your spirits. They perk up a bit, indicating that they're interested in hearing my story. "So Brittany was beyond pissed that Dad managed to get me out of detention. She then did what every other popular bitchy girl would do, which is storm into the cafeteria and cause a scene. Though instead of cowering down to her, I gave her a taste of her own medicine." My dad puts a hand on my shoulder. "My daughter is such a bad-ass. I love it!" My mom glares at him. "It's great that Myra stuck up for herself, but I don't encourage that kind of language in this household." My dad simply rolls his eyes as does my mom. 

   As great as today was, I'm too tired to add any further comments on the subject. We spend the rest of supper making awkward small talk over spaghetti and meatballs before parting ways for the night. Now I know exactly what you're thinking. You're thinking that my family is strange. I'm going to be absolutely blunt and confess that are bat shit crazy for the most part. 

    Despite my parents and I being bat shit crazy a majority of the time, we've very close. We look out for another, give constant support towards each other's endeavors, and most importantly, we love with all of our heart, even if it fucks us over in the end.