Chapter 3

Rantaro's POV

Rowlet flies around my room and eventually lands on my head.

"What are you doing up there?" I ask while laughing.

"Row!" Rowlet says. I pick up Rowlet and place him on my bed instead.

"Sorry, buddy. You've got to go back into your Pokeball now," I tell him. He returns to my Pokeball and then I put it away. I hear the doorbell ring, so I walk out of my room and to the front door to answer it. All of the students from school are standing out front.

"Alola, Honcho!" Mallow exclaims.

"Alola," I reply. Valt runs out from behind me.

"Alola!" He exclaims, "We're about to have a Beyblade tournament, wanna watch?"

"What's Beyblade?" Ash asks.

"I'll show you! Come on in!" Valt yells. All of the students follow Valt through the house and into the backyard, where our Beyblade stadium is. I follow along behind them. Valt pulls out his launcher and his Bey. "This is my Beyblade, Victory Valtryek," Valt says.

"That's so cool!" Hau exclaims, "Do you all have one?"

"Yep," Valt replies, "And we're going to have a tournament with the six of us to see who is the best. You guys are welcome to watch."

"Okay! Sounds fun!" Acerola says. Wakiya, Ken, Daigo, and Shu walk out from the house.

"All of our new friends are here to watch us Beyblade!" Valt exclaims.

"Ugh, what a pain," Wakiya complains.

"Don't worry. We'll just be watching the tournament," Lana replies.

"First up is Daigo and Honcho!" Valt says. Daigo and I step up to the stadium. "I'll be the referee," Valt tells us. I pull out my launcher and my bey, while Daigo does the same. Valt then turns to the others, "Honcho's bey is Raging Roktavor and Daigo's bey is Dark Doomscizor." He explains. Then he turns back to the stadium. "Ready and set,"

"3. . . 2. . .1. . ." All of the Bladers say in unison.

"Let it rip!" Daigo and I exclaim at once. Roktavor takes the center of the stadium while Doomscizor spins around.

"Roktavor Zone!" I exclaim. Daigo smirks,

"Doomscizor, Quake Launch!" He yells. Doomscizor rushes towards the middle and makes contact with Roktavor. Roktavor is sent into the air and it bursts.

"Dark Doomscizor wins the match with a Burst Finish!" Valt exclaims. I sigh and pick up Roktavor.

"Good try, Roktavor," I say. Daigo picks up Doomscizor and walks to where Valt was previously standing.

"So that's what Beyblading is, huh?" Mallow asks, "Can you tell us more about it?"

"Sure," I reply, "There are four different types of Beyblades. There are stamina types like my bey, attack types like Daigo and Valt's beys, defense types like Wakiya and Ken's beys, and balance types like Shu's bey. They each have advantages and disadvantages against other types. Except for balance types, as those have no advantages or no disadvantages. Attack type beys have an advantage over stamina types, stamina types have an advantage over defense types, and defense types have a advantage over attack types."

"Wow, that's cool!" Hau exclaims.

"How exactly do the battles work?" Lillie asks.

"You need two points to win a battle," I explain, "A ring out finish, which is when a bey gets sent flying out of the stadium, is worth one point. Also worth one point is a survivor finish, when one bey spins longer than the other. But with a burst finish, like what just happened in that match, the bey comes apart into three separate pieces and two points are awarded, so it's an automatic win."